lets see your grill or smoker.

duckriver

My weber grill has been great. But with a family of five its getting small for us. Especially when we have company over and grilling for around 10 people. I'm a charcoal man and can't bring myself to buy gas. Am I better off fabricating a new grill or buying one?

TAFKAP

This is my smoker/grill. I've had it nearly 9 years. The firebox is threatening to burn through, but it's still holding strong.

1932434_632808789515_1335746240_n.jpg

This is the rig we have at work. I don't really know who owns it because it stays with the last person to use it. It stays there until someone else wants to tote it to their house or event. Right now, it's my bacon maker.

1623608_634295240655_1175897183_n.jpg

BamaProud

A good grill is a lot like an old truck. I have been cooking on this one for almost 10 years now, I got her dialed in I smoke on it by using a concrete paver stone as a heat shield.

2012-03-29111351.jpg

Even fired it up in an ice storm last Winter.
2013-01-16125833.jpg

huntinkev

This is my charcoal grill. I've had it over 10 years and still as good as day I got it.

my smoker it's a beam custom smoker, I don't have a picture of the other one right now but it is a big rotisserie will hold over 1,000 lbs of meat

BigAl

BamaProud said:
A good grill is a lot like an old truck. I have been cooking on this one for almost 10 years now, I got her dialed in I smoke on it by using a concrete paver stone as a heat shield.

2012-03-29111351.jpg

Even fired it up in an ice storm last Winter.
2013-01-16125833.jpg

I've got the same grill, thanks to a friend. He gave it to me because he said he couldn't keep the temps down or get the charcoal to last very long. I like the brick idea. He also mentioned the charcoal catch-try has a big air gap. I'm trying to figure out how to close that gap.

Ideas?

HDUKE1986

Hey bamaproud its looks like you're about to start making moonshine with that set up in the chair and pot on the burner lol

BamaProud

BigAl said:
I've got the same grill, thanks to a friend. He gave it to me because he said he couldn't keep the temps down or get the charcoal to last very long. I like the brick idea. He also mentioned the charcoal catch-try has a big air gap. I'm trying to figure out how to close that gap.

Ideas?

It wasn't my favorite grill when I first got it. It took me a couple years to get used to it.

Don't empty the catch tray. My grill(and I assume all of the same model) needs a good bed of ashes/spent coals. I almost never open the side dampers unless I am grilling steaks over hardwood and want actual flame.

BamaProud

HDUKE1986 said:
Hey bamaproud its looks like you're about to start making moonshine with that set up in the chair and pot on the burner lol

No distilling at the BamaProud compound, I do brew though. That is my wort chiller. I like to brew when I smoke since both tasks require a lot of waiting around.

BigAl

BamaProud said:
BigAl said:

Ideas?

It wasn't my favorite grill when I first got it. It took me a couple years to get used to it.

Don't empty the catch tray. My grill(and I assume all of the same model) needs a good bed of ashes/spent coals. I almost never open the side dampers unless I am grilling steaks over hardwood and want actual flame.
Thanks for the tips. Mine sits out in the weather, and somehow the tray fills up with water, so I've been dumping it and leaving it in upside down. I guess I need to figure out where the water is coming in.

Latest posts