Let’s start a fight!!

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Why the American made Remington of course. The only question would be which flavor do you want 870 or 1100. Probably the 870 WingMaster is King.
I have an 11-87 that I absolutely love for Ducks. I also have an 870, but i grab the 11-87 more often. I grew up shooting an 870, so the 11-87 just feels right. Then I have a super Vinci that just kills anything it shoot at as well.

I am not sure I could pick just 1 out of the 3.

DaveTN

I have an 11-87 that I absolutely love for Ducks. I also have an 870, but i grab the 11-87 more often. I grew up shooting an 870, so the 11-87 just feels right. Then I have a super Vinci that just kills anything it shoot at as well.

I am not sure I could pick just 1 out of the 3.
I've had several 870's. As I got older, I got more suspectable to being beat up, so now I only have one 870. I have an 1100 Competition Synthetic. It's not a bird gun, but man that thing is sweet, it's a cream puff to shoot.

rukiddin

There needs to be a pre 1980 category and a post 1980. Pre 1980 I'd say the A5, or Winchester model 12 with the wing master running a tight 3rd.
Post 1980 I'd still say the A5, maybe the original sbe1, and the wing master.

None of the new guns will ever be put through the paces like the old A5, 1148, 51's, model 12's and even the Rem model 31's were put through. Those were true duck killing guns in a time where they were relied on to feed families and men got paid for doing so.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the benelli and berettas of todays world will never match the workload.

Specializedjon

I've had several 870's. As I got older, I got more suspectable to being beat up, so now I only have one 870. I have an 1100 Competition Synthetic. It's not a bird gun, but man that thing is sweet, it's a cream puff to shoot.
I would NEVER be able to post those words without all the 12 year old's running to their keyboards 😂

(cough) @Pilchard

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Specializedjon

I only deer hunt cause duck season ain't open! It drives my dad and uncle crazy when thanksgiving is approaching cause they know after thanksgiving I'm not gonna be around much!
I shoot skeet/trap a lot and I'm pretty sure I'd love duck hunting. I'm kind of afraid to start.....just don't need one more expensive hobby/addiction.

Ed B

A400 extreme vote as well…shoulders fantastic, fit and finish is amazing.

Super dark horse would be versamax, I swear I got the only non-lemon but that gun shoots great, very light recoil and unbelievably easy to clean. The ease of cleaning can't be overlooked.

4Low

A400 extreme vote as well…shoulders fantastic, fit and finish is amazing.

Super dark horse would be versamax, I swear I got the only non-lemon but that gun shoots great, very light recoil and unbelievably easy to clean. The ease of cleaning can't be overlooked.
I've got a friend that still shoots a Versamax, only problem with his is that it's almost white.

My vote is for the A5

tdt5446

I've got a friend that still shoots a Versamax, only problem with his is that it's almost white.

My vote is for the A5
I have two 1100s, an 870 Wingmaster, an 1187, and a VersaMax! They are all verified waterfowl killers, without anywhere near the recoil of the A5s, SBEs, etc. Just don't get to shoot them much!

4Low

I have two 1100s, an 870 Wingmaster, an 1187, and a VersaMax! They are all verified waterfowl killers, without anywhere near the recoil of the A5s, SBEs, etc. Just don't get to shoot them much!
Nothing wrong with those Remingtons!
Most of my buddies shoot Remingtons and I always bring the trusty 870 for a backup. 🍻

Bluemist

Here are the guns I used in order over the past 47 years. Mossberg 500, Ithaca 87, Browning A5, Remington SP-10, Browning Gold, Franchi Affinity. Loved each of them. I have been impressed with the 3" Affinity in the blind the past few seasons.

Latest posts