Leg injury and antler growth

bwgarrett3

So I've been puzzled by this 7pt for a while now. He has great brow tine length and looks to have good mass at his bases. The rest of his rack doesn't seem to match up. The last card pull I noticed him favoring his front right leg and got this pic. I know injuries affect antler growth but can the brow tines develop and then an injury occur and affect the rest of his rack? Or does this deer just have a weird rack? What do you guys think?

Attachments

• buck 2.jpeg
    buck 2.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 538
  • buck.jpeg
    buck.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 529

megalomaniac

He certainly has sub par antlers for his age. Most likely would be him falling on the lower end of the genetic bell curve. The injured right front leg is probably not contributing much. His overall poor body condition may also be a contributing factor.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

bwgarrett3

megalomaniac":1pr3p2ls said:
He certainly has sub par antlers for his age. Most likely would be him falling on the lower end of the genetic bell curve. The injured right front leg is probably not contributing much. His overall poor body condition may also be a contributing factor.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I thought the poor body condition was most likely a result of the leg injury. I'm going to go back and review some pics earlier in the summer to see what he looked like then. That may tell me more.

Latest posts