Leafy Suit Camo: Bottomland or Greenleaf?

Gmed

I have a realtree from North Mountain Gear. Miles ahead of Bass Pros model although I have one of theirs as well. I agree with Andy….matters more to you than the turkey. It's the bright "out of place" colors that might get ya caught, but movement will get you caught quicker than any color…..

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I have a realtree from North Mountain Gear. Miles ahead of Bass Pros model although I have one of theirs as well. I agree with Andy….matters more to you than the turkey. It's the bright "out of place" colors that might get ya caught, but movement will get you caught quicker than any color…..

NMG's look good! Have you felt the sizing was generous enough to wear a "warm" layer underneath for early season?

And would you recommend getting the pullover one with or without the hood?

Gmed

I personally like the hood, and the jacket I have has a full zipper. The hood is large enough to wear over your cap/face mask to break up the outline of your head. The jacket seems to run just the least oversized so a reasonable under layer shouldn't be a problem, but I really only wear mine when temps get up and I don't want to wear anything heavy (usually a short sleeved T-shirt under it). In early season before there are any leaves or material to break up my outline, I use a small stake out style blind because you aren't sneaking up on those binocular eyes. The jacket actually has functional pockets, not pass thru type. In early season, I have come to like the Realtree Timber pattern. I think it was meant for duck hunters, but…….

megalomaniac

Don't think it matters to the turkeys...

But to me, you can't beat bottomland for the first couple weeks of the season. Greenleaf isn't quite green enough for the last half of the season.

Rakkin6

Mother in law bought me two of the redhead leafy suits when they still made good products. One in Mossy Oak Obsession and one in Mossy Oak Break Up. So I use one early and one late season. But if it were me buying I would have buy the bottom land.

tntrkkllr

Mother in law bought me two of the redhead leafy suits when they still made good products. One in Mossy Oak Obsession and one in Mossy Oak Break Up. So I use one early and one late season. But if it were me buying I would have buy the bottom land.
Bass pro / cabelas brand going down hill pretty quick. Cables used to outlast bass pro brand now neither one of them last haha.

TNPete1

This is going to sound crazy, but it was my experience. I'm not sure if it applies to all manufacturers, but here goes. I have adone very well killing big gobblers for a number of years. Bought a new hoodie from Midway that had green leaf. (1st experience with any green in my camo) So then I had a half dozen encounters in which the birds were overly nervous, and I swear they saw me. When watching something totally unrelated, it dawned on me that turkeys see blue colors. Yellow and blue make green. So I put on my old camo and didn't have the same problem. All that being said, some of the newer materials used are kind of "shiny" as opposed to flatter sheens that cotton does not have. Maybe a combo of the two? I don't know…

Willysman

I agree with TNPete1. I have had the same experience with the greenleaf. It is too bright and shiny. I've also noticed a lot of the facemask and gloves are made from a shiny material. I go with the brown colored camo since you are sitting against a tree, not a green bush.

Latest posts