LBL quota hunt application

TNhunter

LBL quota hunt application period 7/1/22-7/31/22 - so today is the LAST day for application for this years hunts. I had forgotten to get this done before today. I just logged into the application system and get this message:

LBL HuntApplication:There are no Hunts avaliable at this time.Please check back later.

So do they have a problem with a configuration of the ending date of the application period? Is their system down for now? If they don't get this corrected by the end of the day today - will they extend the application period by one day?

Bummed.

Molonlabemike

I forgot as well but randomly checked that site for archery season info yesterday and saw the quote info. Thankfully I was able to get it submitted. Have you emailed them?

TheLBLman

Pardon my ignorance, but does LBL have their own quota points system?
Yes
LBL is not affiliated with TWRA or any other quota hunt system.
There is a $10 non-refundable fee per applicant to enter the draw.
There is also a separate LBL hunt permit (which is not covered by the TWRA Lifetime or Sportsman's licenses, although all applicable statewide deer-hunting licenses still apply).

Unlike times past, deer killed at LBL are no longer "bonus" deer
and DO COUNT against the statewide bag limit of the state killed.
Even on the LBL quota hunts, a buck taken does count against your TN 2-buck limit.
Same for the KY portion of LBL, where a buck killed there would fill your statewide 1-buck KY limit.

Last edited:

Andy S.

Youth are allowed a bonus "antlered buck" at LBL this season, both in TN & KY.

** All youth drawn for the November 2022 LBL Youth Quota Hunt may also hunt the December 2022 LBL Youth Quota Hunt using those same Hunt Areas they were drawn to use. There is no separate drawing for the December Youth Hunt. **

Bone Collector

Youth are allowed a bonus "antlered buck" at LBL this season, both in TN & KY.
Where did you find that. I looked at several pages on the website and didn't see it. If so that is great IMO. I know many will bemoan it as opening the door to shoot a spike, but people do that anyway and the ones that want a big buck are going to go after that.

Bone Collector

I don't think that is right, but they sure do go about it in an odd way trying to explain it.

Two deer, including only one antlered buck, unless an antlered buck has already been harvested in Land Between the Lakes by any means, counts toward statewide bag limit.

The way I read it is on the quota hunt you to shoot a buck and a doe, unless you have already killed a buck either with your bow, or on an earlier quota hunt. Either way it counts towards your statewide bag limit. I know mine did and my brothers did. Of course that was 2 years ago, but it looks like the regs are the same.

Buzzard Breath

It's at the bottom left of page 2. The bonus buck is youth only.

Screenshot_20220801-161413_Drive.jpg

Latest posts