Last hunt of the season

Rackseeker

With it going to be raining and warm tomorrow, this morning was probably my last hunt of the season As I get older the last hunt of the season is tough because I know tomorrow is never promised. I use to never give much thought to the last hunt of the season. Anyway here is what my last hunt looked like. Seen several doe, spike and a 3.5 yr old 8pt. And a close encounter with a coyote.
5E8A365F-6DC5-425A-96AE-A8C10220D671.jpeg

Gravey

Dang that coyote was close. Must've had the wind in your favor. Been hard not to hammer him. Had my last hunt yesterday afternoon as it rained this morning but I probably wasn't getting up anyway. Stayed up way too late around the campfire with my buddies. Only time this year we all got to be there and it was a blast.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
On the last day of legal deer hunting here in Region 3 outside of Crossville, fairly close to the Catoosa boundary I made the executive decision to go deer hunting. (Lifetime license). Wind was right, plenty of does in my field, maybe a heavy slammer might roll through off the Fairfield Glade golf courses a mile or two away! Have not hunted my property in years and last killed a small buck in 2006 here. It's been a while! I tossed on my orange, strapped on the 15x56's, slung a rifle over my shoulder, grabbed a Bowie knife with a good cup of coffee and headed out. Great morning. Damp with a bit of precipitation, wind good, all is right with the world. All of a sudden the morning stillness is broken with the sound of an automatic corn feeder going off right across my property line! Beautiful, just absolutely beautiful! What an ending to a great morning! You literally can not escape the baiting crowd in TN.

Latest posts