Lake Wheeler

tophat

Hey guys friend of mine has a regional tourney out of wheeler lake.We have never seen the lake before.Could any one get me some info on this lake?Any help would be appricated.thanks

Lincoln Co Archer

The action is a little slow right now. Still some fish being caught deep on jigs and texas rigged worms. The shad are everywhere and some schoolers in the jumps can be found early and late.

AlabamaSwamper

To sum it up, it's possibly the worst lake on the TN river for quality bass outside of Ft. Loudon (of which I know nothing about).

They killed the grass some years back and the lake has never recovered and probably won't ever until it comes back.

I'm going to send you a PM that might help you.

arctic_cat

whats wrong with Loudon? Every decent size tournament I been in or watchrd the weigh in is 15lbs plus to get in the money. not to shabby if you ask me

mossyhorns300

I've never fished Ft. Loudon, but 15 lbs wont get you a check on KY Lake, Pickwick or Guntersville right now or anytime throughout the summer in most open tourneys. A buddy of mine won a Bassmaster Weekend Series tourney on Loudon and all he had was 18 lbs.

arctic_cat

ya but you cant compare Guntersville to any lakes around if you ask me. The big G is in its own catagory IMO. Loudon and Watts Bar could be just as good as Guntersville if they would not have killed all the grass, and keep killing it.

A

Anonymous

someone i know has won many tournaments down there. He catches big fish every time he goes. Texas rigs and crankbaits. Several mounted fish from there. Lake wilson which is on the other side of the dam is better known for fish though.

BGobbler

The tourneys are usually won on the decatur flats. There are muscle beds and humps through that area and if you through crank baits its a good way to catch some decent fish. You can catch five on the elk but your big fish will be on those humps and muscle beds.
Gobble

Winchester

mossyhorns300 said:
I've never fished Ft. Loudon, but 15 lbs wont get you a check on KY Lake, Pickwick or Guntersville right now or anytime throughout the summer in most open tourneys. A buddy of mine won a Bassmaster Weekend Series tourney on Loudon and all he had was 18 lbs.
Ft Loudon is a good pond, I have saw some super sacks weighed there, 7 fish over 42 lbs, 5 fish over 34 lbs, I have personally had 5 smallmouth over 24 lbs. etc. It usually takes over 20 lbs to win any size tourney at all. I will agree that the big G is the hottest thing going right now in the Southeast!

AlabamaSwamper

Sorry guys, I worded my post wrong. As I said, I know nothing bout Loudon and I should have left it at that.

Either way, if it don't take 20+ every single weekend to win tournaments, it isn't in the league of Gunt/Pick/KY.

Whoever said Wilson hasn't been there in 15 years apparently. lol Although it is getting better since they took the 15" rule OFF.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
Check out the Brown's Ferry Nuc plant area. I live in the area and lots of local fish it. If the air and water temp drop the Ferry area stays warmer.

Latest posts