Lake Okeechobee Fishing

Mossy Oak

Just got back from spending three days fishing Lake Okeechobee. Despite the horrible wind, we were still able to catch a bunch of fish. Here are a few.

100_2287.jpg

100_2284.jpg

100_2300.jpg

Mossy Oak

SilverFox said:
Nice Fish.... I bet you had a time in that ocean with the wind. Those bigger Southern lakes can get rough.

It wasn't real bad early in the morning, but by mid afternoon, it was so rough that it really wasn't fun being out there. The guide said it was the worst weather they have had in a long time.

Mossy Oak

Thanks guys

4onaside said:
Golden Shiners?

I'm not sure what kind of shiners they were, but they were expensive and about 4-5 inches long.

rbreedi1 said:
Nice! I've been wanting to fish that lake one of these days.. who were you fishing with?

I used a guide through Roland Martin's Marina. I've used other guiding companies before but will stick with Roland Martin's guides the next time I go. They definitely knew what they were doing.

4onaside

Golden Shiners are the bait/method to catch those big Okeechobee fish. And I am not surprised that Roland Martins guides are top notch. I think that their namesake has endured the test of time as America's best bass fisherman. KVD is obviously the top of the profession, but Roland Martin has competed at a top level long after the others of his generation had faded away.

AndyW

Sweet fish. My dad has been down there since early January and is absolutely loving it. They've been slayin the crappie & cats.

Latest posts