Lake City .308 brass....seen in a gunshop

LeatherLungz

I was in a small gun shop yesterday looking at their humble assortment of reloading paraphernalia. A few bags of once fired Lake City brass for .308 caught my attention.

They was really proud of it. They wanted $29.99 for a 50 count sack.

It was labeled on the baggie as Lake City- MATCH 7.62 NATO

but on the bottom of the cases, it was not stamped MATCH

just LC and a date code

I told them I had some LC MATCH that was stamped as such and that I had some other LC ammo that was not stamped MATCH.

I was trying to get a clarification from them one what they was selling. It was my impression that the thousands of cases that I have are not stamped "match" are just from an M-60 belt fed weapon.

The 20 pack boxes of MATCH I have are 168gr.

Anyway, to conclude, I was calling BS on the whole deal and told them I had also trashed about 100 MATCH stamped cases cuz they pissed me off when they kept getting stuck on my .308 diam trimmer pilot. LOL, they was jaws dropping in that shop.

I've since ordered a .300 diameter pilot and hope that will help. I wonder yet still if I will have to do some inside neck reaming for these cases to be reloaded.

I may dig them out of the trash can in the shop. I didn't realize they was so sought after, lol. Just aggrivating junk to me.

$29 per 50

I must sitting on a mint, lol