ladder stands for chickens

meerdeer

I got my wife in a ladder stand. she almost had me convinced to call the fire dept to get her down. anybody ever resolve a tree stand for chickens issue?

meerdeer

I see they make some high dollar $450 or so two mans with an extra rail on either side of the ladder for your hands did you ever use those? I just have the plain cheapos!

Coach

You may want to try having her just go up a few steps and stand there....then, after a while go a few more...after a few days she would probably get used to it unless she suffers from some type of vertigo or an inner ear infection..

rem270

get one of the 12' buddy stands i think there around $198 and they usually mark them down alot at the end of the season.
thats about as safe as you'll get and not very high off the ground

Hatchee

Putting a shooting rail around mine helped. Seems like having something out in front of you makes a difference.
I use the cheap ladders from Wal-Mart and Richard's. I add the rail myself.

Bowdacious

No fear here. I trust my harness and am not afraid of heights....however, I am too chicken to try a climber, so she will get no judgement from me. A rail, as has been suggested, might make her feel more secure. The first time I went up I shook it and jumped up and down to make sure it was secure. After that I was fine.Just make sure she wears that harness!!

Mike Belt

I started my wife on a climber. It took me an hour to get her up a tree everytime I took her and the same for coaxing her back to the ground. She'd shake the tree and was miserable the entire time fearing she'd fall. I then got her a ladder stand. Although watching her climb up was irritating and comical at the same time, the fear was still there. Once her feet were 2 feet off the ground she'd start to lock up. That fear never left her and she still won't climb. I did make her an elevated shooting house about 6 feet off the ground she was comfortable with but since I no longer hunt that land she hasn't been hunting with me again. The phobia is terrible thing.

ShaneHallum

My wife got in my climber one day. We had it on the light pole. I was working on my seat. She climbs up around 10 feet, and the bottom slides off her feet. and fell all the way 2 the ground.

I had 2 get my feet in the straps, and bear hug the pole and climb up to get her.. Somehow, I was able to climb down this tree with 2 people in my climber. She was scared to death.

She doesn't mind the ladder stands because of the shooting rail, and I put camo burlap around it, to make it like a blind. it helps alot.

Latest posts