Kitchen knives ?

WTM

wushtof grand prix ii(also sold as legende set at macys)-my wife just bought us this set very good knives. she bought the 7piece set(block and hone count as 2 pieces). these are 100 bucks cheaper than the classic and 200 bucks cheaper than the ikon. same knife and the only difference is in the handle. lifetime warranty. its a basic set and you will use every knife in the set. i have since added a santoku, a tomato knife and a curved peeling knife for a complete block set. check out macy's they had some sales on them, but wushtof knives are usually priced the same no matter who you buy them from.

if you dont like the handles of the grand prix ii check out the riveted classic knives. the ikons are too high for my blood.

victornox forschner also makes fine knives. my butcher knives for processing are these.

if you want a cheaper all in one 18 piece set with steak knives look at the chicago cutlery insignia set. i bought my son a set last Christmas as a side gift and he loves them. they are made in china but i did use them when i went to visit him and cooked them a meal. well balanced, feels good in the hand and holds an edge.i think we paid $150 bucks maybe. they are the one piece modern looking set.

if you buy a good set of knives, even the cheaper chicago cutlery, invest in a good cutting block. i have several but for a main block the michigan maple end grain block is hard to beat and a bottle of mineral oil to go with it. i also use 2 polyethelyn boards for meat and chicken. stay away from the hard plastic boards and only use a bamboo board for light use.

GMB54

Tojiro DP from Japan...Awesome for the money but only sold it singles and small 2-3 piece sets

Shun Sora from Japan...Entry level for Japanese knives but quite nice and SUPER sharp. Around $250 for a set at Costco

Dalstrong.. Japanese owned but made n China...Darn nice for Chinese made.

Henckel Four Star, Five Star and Four Star II (Germany) when on sale. Henckel International for a cheaper Henckel but made in Spain.

It would help alot if i knew your spending limit. There are some killer sets out there for around $500 or a little less. Global (Japan) has an awesome set in the $350 range if you dont mind a more modern looking handle.

sallee-bo

GMB54":1s8y74kt said:
Tojiro DP from Japan...Awesome for the money but only sold it singles and small 2-3 piece sets

Shun Sora from Japan...Entry level for Japanese knives but quite nice and SUPER sharp. Around $250 for a set at Costco

Henckel Four Star, Five Star and Four Star II (Germany) when on sale. Henckel International for a cheaper Henckel but made in Spain.

It would help alot if i knew your spending limit. There are some killer sets out there for around $500 or a little less. Global (Japan) has an awesome set in the $350 range if you dont mind a more modern looking handle.

Probably around $350.00 .

shirtshirt

sallee-bo":1kv38hm3 said:
GMB54":1kv38hm3 said:

Probably around $350.00 .

I have had this Wusthof set since 2009 and have really liked them.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

GMB54

Latest posts