Kid's first bird

RoyalPrudent

tukey 2.jpg

Managed to get my nephew on one when he came in town. Solid bird. Gobbled on the roost with a couple of other birds at about 150 yards, but they sounded henned up. The whole group gobbled interrmittently for over and hour, and then this one hustled into the small pine plantation on my property. Didn't gobble once after he broke off the flock, but he was spittin and drummin the whole way. My poor nephew could barely hold the gun still he was shaking so much. It was first bird as a 14-year old. I tried to get him here over youth weekend, but he couldn't make it then. I'm sure he'll be talking his parents in to bringing him back next year. Great hunt. It's more fun to call for a kid than anything else.

TheLBLman

Gobbled on the roost with a couple of other birds . . . . The whole group gobbled intermittently for over and hour, and then this one . . . . . Didn't gobble once after he broke off the flock, but he was spittin and drummin the whole way. My poor nephew could barely hold the gun still he was shaking so much.
Sounds like an exciting 1st bird experience!
:cool:

Latest posts