Kentucky Lake

NumberOne

With the water level currently 4 feet above summer how do you think this will affect the bass fishing?

edtcase

I'd take one rod and flip all day.

It's been proven through history that women's a mystery! Popeye

WTM

they are supposed to open the gates after tomorrow, depends on how the flood stage is on the Ohio and Miss. my wife just got back from Cincinatti and said it was still raining up there.

talk on the lake is they are catching some close to the banks as the water has brush and trees submerged and the shad spawn is on, and catching them on points and post spawn bank areas.

NumberOne

I thought I had found a good pattern last weekend fishing secondary points in the creeks and spawning banks, but with the water rapidly going up then a projected draw down through the weekend I am not sure where to begin.

jard

I think fish need about 24 hours of constant water level to adapt. They day it raises, hard fishing. Since its been up high for a few days and warm, there will be fish on the banks. I would throw bright spinnerbait/chatterbait and flip creature baits in the front bushes. A lot of fish will go up to the very first piece of cover they find, and it might be submerged and not visible. Some of them will go as shallow as they can get. If you not getting bit on visible shallow brush, back off a little as a lot of fish are sitting under the boat. Fishing gets tough when they drop the water a foot or two, they tend to have lockjaw for about 24 hours as they retreat. Then the secondary points and ledges will start to be firing up at the end of the month.