Kennett, MO

Levee Jumper

If there are ducks using the field you should do good. If you don't have ducks using the field, the low fog and lack of wind on Friday might just make for the worst hunt imaginable. I look for Saturday to be better with rain and 10+ MPH wind.

Last edited:

DeerWhisperer

Just talked to two guys from our lease coming back now from Kennett. They said it has been so foggy the past two days they could not hunt. Thye could hear ducks but could not see them. They killed 1 duck. Our field still had 5-6 inches of ice, we did not have a ice eater. They opened a small hole on Monday, it is has progressivley gotten some bigger. But the outside of edges of field still solid. Calling for 90% chance of rain Saturday. Sunday may be better day. It will be muddy.

Bgoodman30

Probably better things to come in SEMO Some teal moved in this morning. Regardless, tomorrow's weather looks awful.

Gravey

Probably better things to come in SEMO Some teal moved in this morning. Regardless, tomorrow's weather looks awful.
Saw a bunch of teal this morning.

It will be muddy.
It's muddy but not horrible. Had no problems driving to blind while busting and inch of ice.

Hymie3

Pretty much. The best day we ever had was 12. It was opener 2021. Mainly pass shooting. 7 is a fine day.

Some perspective--that pit didn't kill 15 for the entire season this year. I am so glad I didn't re-up this year.
Yea. I wasted three good years in that forsaken area. I'm a slow learner

Bgoodman30

Pretty much. The best day we ever had was 12. It was opener 2021. Mainly pass shooting. 7 is a fine day.

Some perspective--that pit didn't kill 15 for the entire season this year. I am so glad I didn't re-up this year.
But others are? That's bad

Latest posts