Keeping critters out of the garden

buckaroo

I'm moving and have a spot picked out along the river, I bought a solar electric fence. You think this will work? Planning on putting a strand low and one waist high.

woodyard

I kept the coons and deer out of my sweet corn last year with colored Christmas tree lights and then had radio running all night. We got nearly all of it except after four or five nights I guess they got accustomed to it going And finally got the end of the sweet corn.
It worked on my sweet potatoes also.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
buckaroo said:
I'm moving and have a spot picked out along the river, I bought a solar electric fence. You think this will work? Planning on putting a strand low and one waist high.
Deer will jump a fence. Get some peanut butter and aluminum foil .
Every 4' or so put some foil on the fence and put peanut butter on the foil.It won't hurt the deer but will sure enough make them jump.

FakeTree

WestTn Huntin'man said:
buckaroo said:
Deer will jump a fence. Get some peanut butter and aluminum foil .
Every 4' or so put some foil on the fence and put peanut butter on the foil.It won't hurt the deer but will sure enough make them jump.

This is exactly what I do and it works GREAT!

rwjjr

We used human hair (barber and beauty shops will save for you ) put in panty hose and hang all around garden. Kept everything out

gat51

Can't grow much of nothing in my garden spot. The deer and rabbits are living well though. I'll have to try the electric fence idea with the staggered wires.

TraumaSlave

saddleman1 said:
Irish Springs soap shaving around garden works for me.
We used hotel sized bars of soap for landscape nursery. Stab a screwdriver thru wrapper and bar. Hang with twine. Rain drips stink and bars last in wrap.

Latest posts