Dog helped finding critters

Moonman

Anyone with a garden knows varmin gets in there and you've got to take protective measures. Tonight we had a certain one that's been seen nibbling on stuff out headed for a snack. I've got one of Big Lefty's short haired/ setter mixes thats about to turn 7 pointing out this varmit. She's always been scared of loud noises and I've never pushed her, so tonight she was about 15 yards out and I decided I would get it. Based on the shot I knew I hit it but it ran into overgrowth. Sadie did run back in the garage but came out quick. She's always seemed to have a nose to the ground so I let her go outside her border in stuff I can't see her. I was proud of her cause she ran where the varmit came from and went and then where the shot was and tracked it in a few seconds to confirm my kill. She just stood there waiting in the thickest blackberry patch waiting for me. I grabbed it and wish I'd got a picture with her as she was happy. Later she pointed out we had coons and we got the limit this time of year due to the chickens. I see why dog hunting is so addictive.

Latest posts