for those finding hornworms

WTM

image_zpsnelcdtkk.jpeg
[/URL]

image_zpslz9wrlfa.jpeg
[/URL]

they love all kinds of peppers too. this is one days damage as i could kot get into the garden day before. top pic is cayenne and bottom pic is a totally consumed bell pepper plant. if you keep your garden organized by family planting for crop rotation, keep an eye out.

catman529

Dang! I had one on the eggplant but so far nothing on the peppers.

They feed on many plants in the nightshade family, including tomatoes, potatoes, tobacco, eggplant, etc. so it doesn't surprise me too much they were on the peppers.

If that's one days damage, you let em get to big. I've been checking the plants every day when I come home from work lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM

yep had some plumbing issues in the house that had to be taken care of last 2 days and checking wasnt on my mind. im trying to use less pesticides but i did spray them with sevin after i killed all of them off. a couple were about 4 inches long. with the high heat we have had they havent been a problem but with the cool spell we have had this week increases their growth rate exponentially.

catman529

WTM":8r0kdsmj said:
yep had some plumbing issues in the house that had to be taken care of last 2 days and checking wasnt on my mind. im trying to use less pesticides but i did spray them with sevin after i killed all of them off. a couple were about 4 inches long. with the high heat we have had they havent been a problem but with the cool spell we have had this week increases their growth rate exponentially.
mine just live deep inside the plants when it's hot out, then when the sun goes down they come out to the tops where I can pick them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts