Juvie Roll Call

TN Larry

So, who's taking a juvenile this coming weekend to get the season started and what will they be shooting? After only getting to hunt two weeks last year due to season ending back surgery for me, my 10 year old and I are ready to get back after them in a bad way. He'll be shooting an 870 youth with hand rolled tss #9.

It's been an interesting last 3 seasons for me to say the least with a broke leg turkey hunting in 15 to surgery on my leg again in 16 to back surgery in 17. Even though my back is still bothering me a little, it's nothing like last year, and we're ready.

Good luck to everyone and most importantly be safe and have fun!

Acorn

I'll be taking my 10 year old. He will be shooting a 870 youth 20 with a super full choke and loaded with Hornady heavy magnum 5 shot. We went Saturday morning to listen to them and see how they were acting. Had a lone gobbler come through at 20 yards gobbling his head off and seen a lone one this evening strutting across a open field. If the weather is right it should be a good weekend in my area.

catchem3434

Me and buddy taking his son! He will be shooting a mossy 20ga. Looking for his first bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knightrider

I'll be taking my son looking for the 8th longbeard in roll, he's killed longbeard every juvi since he was 8 this is his last one, will be his 24 th if successful. Not bad for 16 years old

Shanman

Taking my 12yr old stepson for his first hunting trip ever. Was there at daylight this morning and several birds were sounding off, pulled sd cards and had 2 strutting 10' in front of the blind few days ago. Sure hope the hens don't lead them off and the rain holds out. Set up a Super Bantam with TSS and FF3 for him, patterned it today and got 127 count in the 10" at 40yds with factory full choke. So we shall see.....

Tn Joe

My wife and I will be taking our kids. Looking to get our son his first bird and our daughter her second. They'll both be shooting 870 youth 20's loaded with 1oz of tss 9's

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Be taking one of my girls for a short hunt before I head in to work (which I'll be late anyway).

After that, for regular season I have ten other kids lined up and scheduled to take out.

muddyboots

Yep LB will be there. 870 youth 20 gauge with TSS

Attachments

• EF1F12F3-E4D1-4255-89BB-753E42F75A6A.jpeg
    EF1F12F3-E4D1-4255-89BB-753E42F75A6A.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 639

Oak

2-Step Enabled
Taking my 15 year old son. We will either be using the Mossberg 20 guage with federal hw 7s or Mossberg 500 12 guage with winchester xr 6s.

Poleaxe

WGK and I taking my 8yr old boy on a draw hunt he got. I've scouted it twice and it's really insane how many birds this place has. He's got a SuperBantam 20 with #9 TSS. Hope to be able to post some video footage Saturday.

TreyB

Poleaxe":us364htv said:
WGK and I taking my 8yr old boy on a draw hunt he got. I've scouted it twice and it's really insane how many birds this place has. He's got a SuperBantam 20 with #9 TSS. Hope to be able to post some video footage Saturday.

Good luck to Evan.

Poleaxe

TreyB":2nri13cg said:
Poleaxe":2nri13cg said:

Good luck to Evan.

Then we taking them Sunday.

Hunt 365

Now I've got 3 to take. Will double up in tent with younger two boys and planned on chasing them with my oldest. But with the rain and fact I haven't heard a gobble this year, sitting and waiting in the tent may be the better method