Just bought a Parker Blackhawk (split limbs)

Kevin B.

It is rated at 320 fps. I went to Custom Gear and Archery in Michie TN and bought it from Mike, brand new. I shot 8 arrows out of it at one spot...pulling each arrow out as I shot so as not to ruin an arrow (8 bucks a pop). At 25 yards, I could have covered the 8 holes with a silver dollar. No joshin! This bow is very accurate with field points. I bought 8 G5 Crossbow Expandables to use this year. I am anxious to see how they perform on deer. They were recommended.
If I incur any problems with my new Blackhawk, I will post it on this thread for the benefit of anyone who is on the fence about buying one. But so far, this X-bow is awesome. I like the fact that the spring is barely clearing the rail. I may try to smooth the pawl (the hook that holds the string in the cocked position, for those that don't know what a pawl is). I have a few ground blinds ready for my fanny. I will be using Permethrin-treated clothes this year to keep seed ticks off. That stuff worked great last year. I could sit on the ground in the woods last year, on a fairly warm day, and no chigger bites or tick bites on my hind-end. Happy Hunting!!! kevin

Creek

I just looked up the crossbow split limb design you said you have and it looks awesome. Ive been thinking about going all black for my crossbow but havent talk myself into it yet. If I do then I want "flat" black so there is no reflection at all.
Sounds like you got a real shooter there.
Good luck

Latest posts