Just a random thought.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Do you think Pruitt is just buying time and putting the HC job on his resume for when saban retires? Call me crazy but I could totally see that happening.

gator-n-buck

Clemson Dabo is probably the coach in waiting for the Bama job. If CJP doesn't get the Vols headed in the right direction, his next job might be selling life insurance...... :rotf:

I will only call you crazy if you haven't been drinking...J/K :poke: :rotf:

cbhunter

TDW05":24vy7fkd said:
Do you think Pruitt is just buying time and putting the HC job on his resume for when saban retires? Call me crazy but I could totally see that happening.
not at all. If he wants to "move up" to bama or any other HC position then being completely incompetent at Tennessee is not the way to get a better job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobbyW

gator-n-buck":3kwy10ha said:
Clemson Dabo is probably the coach in waiting for the Bama job. If CJP doesn't get the Vols headed in the right direction, his next job might be selling life insurance...... :rotf:

Not disagreeing, but why would Dabo want to leave Clemson for Bama.

gator-n-buck

RobbyW":cekjwnj5 said:
gator-n-buck":cekjwnj5 said:

Dabo is from and played at Bama. All these coaches have egos and have something to prove. When Saban retires, Bama is going to throw a lot of money for Dabo to come home... There will be millions of reaaons.... :rotf:

PalsPal

gator-n-buck":2gjs8t0y said:
RobbyW":2gjs8t0y said:
gator-n-buck":2gjs8t0y said:

Dabo is from and played at Bama. All these coaches have egos and have something to prove. When Saban retires, Bama is going to throw a lot of money for Dabo to come home... There will be millions of reaaons.... :rotf:

As was already discussed in the other thread, DABO WILL NEVER COACH AT BAMA ;) !

gator-n-buck

Kind of a false statement... Dabo has already been a coach at Bama from 1993 -2000..... :rotf:

The guys wife is from Bama and he's even in the Alabama Hall of Fame. Money talks and when Saban finally retires, they will be throwing some big numbers at the second best coach in the country.

Interesting that the betting world has Dabo as the odds favorite for the job. I guess they didn't consult with us first.... :rotf:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 9412664628

"There was one clear favorite to get the job: Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney at 3/1. Swinney is a former Alabama player and assistant coach, and has shown both the recruiting chops and coaching acumen to lead the best of the best."

Dabo Swinney:
Kirby Smart: 5/1
Lincoln Riley: 5/1
Mark Dantonio: 5/1
Jeremy Pruitt: 6/1
Will Muschamp: 6/1
Urban Meyer: 8/1
Jimbo Fisher: 8/1 -
Pete Carroll: 10/1
Bob Stoops: 15/1

First 3 are strong and after them a bunch of ???????.

TreyB

TDW05":taq4bjkf said:

Not a chance... TN will be his biggest HC job IMO

TreyB

RobbyW":15i3p4gp said:
gator-n-buck":15i3p4gp said:

Winner!

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
second best coach in the country? He has beat bama and saban every time they have met in the national championship! Saban is second best not dabo! It wasn't luck either, he kicked his tail both times.

THEdonkey0515

TDW05":1v739elh said:
second best coach in the country? He has beat bama and saban every time they have met in the national championship! Saban is second best not dabo! It wasn't luck either, he kicked his tail both times.
many think he has the better team again this year. Some say possibly one of the best college teams of all time if Larance lives up to the hype.

Crow Terminator

Dabo doesn't need Bama to make a championship dynasty. He is already doing that at Clemson, and back around April this year, they inked a 10 yr extension to keep him at Clemson. With the new extension, he will be making an average of $9.3 million a year. By comparison, Saban WAS the highest paid coach with an average of $8.37 million a year.

Clemson has had more stability with the assistant coaches and coordinators too, in comparison to Bama that has lost nearly every one of theirs the past several seasons, but the more NCs Clemson wins, that will change as more colleges start trying to get a slice of that pie.

TreyB

Crow Terminator":1qbu88nx said:
Dabo doesn't need Bama to make a championship dynasty. He is already doing that at Clemson, and back around April this year, they inked a 10 yr extension to keep him at Clemson. With the new extension, he will be making an average of $9.3 million a year. By comparison, Saban WAS the highest paid coach with an average of $8.37 million a year.

Clemson has had more stability with the assistant coaches and coordinators too, in comparison to Bama that has lost nearly every one of theirs the past several seasons, but the more NCs Clemson wins, that will change as more colleges start trying to get a slice of that pie.

Plus he is in a conference with the easiest path to win.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Conference doesn't matter obviously. He has beaten, "the top dog" so to speak, 2 times. Move them to the SEC he still has same success IMO.

TreyB

TDW05":1idg9fyd said:
Conference doesn't matter obviously. He has beaten, "the top dog" so to speak, 2 times. Move them to the SEC he still has same success IMO.

It does matter... Now he only has ONE time to play a strong team. SEC schedule is way tougher year in and year out. It DOES matter

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Not denying SEC is strongest conference without a doubt, but bama is front runner in SEC, dabo owned them 2 times. Not flukes, flat out beat the breaks off them.

THEdonkey0515

TDW05":3q5bs89v said:
Not denying SEC is strongest conference without a doubt, but bama is front runner in SEC, dabo owned them 2 times. Not flukes, flat out beat the breaks off them.
More then half the SEC would make Clemson laugh. And they have proved they can beat down the best the SEC has.... twice.

THEdonkey0515

Take bama out the SEC put in Clemson with Alabama's schucdule.

Duke vs Clemson....easy W

New Mexico st vs Clemson.... easy W

South Carolina.... Clemson plays them already.....easy W

Southern miss.... :rotf: another easy W

Ole miss....yes they lost to Memphis this year....easy W

Texas A&M..... already got beat by 2 TDs against Clemson.

Tennessee.... :rotf: Clemson wins by 50pts

Arkansas....yeah Clemson wins that one also.

LSU.. ...only game Clemson may have problems with, but there not as good as the bama teams he spanked twice so....

Mississippi St.....Clemson W

WCU....easy W

Aurburn.....Clemson all around better team.

Worst case 11-1? With everyone picking Clemson over UGA or UF in the SEC chip.

TreyB

but, but, but the betters thought otherwise and had TN picked to beat Georgia St and BYU :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Latest posts