Jalen Hurd

bowhunterfanatic

gator-n-buck":3j8wf4ul said:
huntinkev":3j8wf4ul said:
He may be 36th, but you can't deny he is a good running back. If he were running behind the alabama line or something he would be higher. A lot of his yards are self made

No one saying that he's not a good back. . Just not a top #20 back.... :)

All Gator fans must be related. You probably don't think Peyton is top 20 all time either because he played for UT. If you can find 20 RBs in college better than Hurd you should be getting paid a million or two a year to scout for NFL teams. He's no Fournette or McCaffrey, but to say he isn't top 20 is crazy IMO.

mtn cur

he ran for 100 against
bowling green
oklahoma
florida
missouri
vandy
northwestern

lol...he's good. T H E E N D

gator-n-buck

bowhunterfanatic":kh4o8fgs said:
gator-n-buck":kh4o8fgs said:
huntinkev":kh4o8fgs said:
He may be 36th, but you can't deny he is a good running back. If he were running behind the alabama line or something he would be higher. A lot of his yards are self made

No one saying that he's not a good back. . Just not a top #20 back.... :)

All Gator fans must be related. You probably don't think Peyton is top 20 all time either because he played for UT. If you can find 20 RBs in college better than Hurd you should be getting paid a million or two a year to scout for NFL teams. He's no Fournette or McCaffrey, but to say he isn't top 20 is crazy IMO.

There's 36 RBs with more yards than hurd..... Peyton in the top 5 of NFL QBs..... :)

Gator fans don't drink orange Kool-Aid or wear orange tinted glasse. There are UT fans that don't believe that UT has lost 11 in a row.... :tu:

Vermin93

One reason Hurd is down at #36 in total yds is because Dobbs and Kamara get a lot of carries.

That said, I have a question. I don't watch enough of the Vols to know, but why does Kamara average over 2 yds per carry more than Hurd? Is Kamara used more often in situations that typically produce bigger gains or is he just a more productive back than Hurd?

Hurd, 253 carries, 1158 yds, 4.6 yds per carry
Kamara, 96 carries, 645 yds, 6.7 yds per carry

gator-n-buck

Vermin93":3gphu2fv said:
That said, I have a question. I don't watch enough of the Vols to know, but why does Kamara average over 2 yds per carry more than Hurd? Is Kamara used more often in situations that typically produce bigger gains or is he just a more productive back than Hurd?

Hurd, 253 carries, 1158 yds, 4.6 yds per carry
Kamara, 96 carries, 645 yds, 6.7 yds per carry

Don't bring facts into a good conversation. You mean stats show that Hurd is not the best back on the team???

Kamara also is a better receiver and a good special teams player. Kamara would probably be drafted higher than Hurd at this point..... :)

TeamMainStreet

Come on now.........They are used in totally different ways. Kamara has broke runs for big gains on plays like jet sweeps using his speed to get the edge. He had big games against BG and North Texas. He was basically the featured back against NT and had several big runs which makes his stats look like that. Kamara is an excellent back when used this way. He is a good reciever as well but don't act like Hurd can't catch a ball.

Hurd is the work horse. He is the hammer. He is the guy that runs between the tackles. He is also above average in pass pro and can catch out of the back field. He's has done all of this while also splitting touches with a QB with over 600 rushing yards and and a 2nd back with over 600 yds. He needs just shy of 900 yards to be UTs all time leading rusher as a sophomore. He could surpass backs like James Stewart, Jay Graham, Travis Henry, Travis Stephens etc before he leaves. Whether you guys like it or not, Hurd is a good back and could end up being one of the best backs in TN history.

mtn cur

but he does have a rather important game left. I gotta feeling he gets more than 20 carries. Jess say'n[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

mtn cur":8m6b1dki said:
Ya, Henry sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If thats what you think, then your entitled to that opinion I guess. :rotf:

I never said Henry sucked. Heisman winner and all. :bash:

mtn cur

you diss'n him because he had 75 yards in a 38-0 playoff game lol......its strategy, they didn't need him

Latest posts