jackson county

Realtree

The smaller bucks are getting curios seems like , have been seeing a bunch while working. On another note my uncle saw two big bucks together Sunday night on way home from church and I had a friend call me today at dark and saw 3 good bucks together cross the road in the city limits. I'd say with the future forecast it should be getting good.

FakeTree

If you are going to hunt Jackson County you are going to need the right setup in order to be successful. First you need an 80's model Ford F150 or Chevy truck preferably a long bed. Make sure it has a gun rack in the back(loaded guns included) and a bunch of old mail and papers in the dash. Oh yeah no muffler either. Now your hunting clothes need to be camo with an orange hat. Even though you wont be in the woods it is important that you wear camo. Now your hunting location will either be Flynn's Creek, Morrison Creek, Spring Creek...pretty much any road that has "Creek" or "Branch" in the name. These seem to be the hot spots for hunting. Now make sure the windows on your truck roll down. Both driver and passenger because you never know which side the deer will be on. Now get up really early, stop and get a biscuit at one of the gas stations, hang out and BS for a while about this really big buck that you and "Bubba" have been seeing working some tree line behind some Cedar thicket on some ridge. The story you tell is probably the most important piece of the puzzle so make sure it is a good one. Now once all the other hunters leave to go to their tree stands, you just get in your mobile stand(remember that 80's model truck), and go up and down one of those roads until you see that mature spike or even that old doe that needs to be shot because "Bubba" said she aint breeding anymore, roll down that window so you have a clear shooting lane, and teach that deer a lesson for standing so close to the road! Buddy if you can get all those steps to fall in to place then Jackson County will be perfect for you to hunt! Good luck this season and believe it or not there are some good bucks in J-County...just get out in the woods and you will find them. The rut should be getting close, much like everywhere else.