It's started.

richmanbarbeque

This past weekend I bought a Badlands Full day back pack. This thing is KILLER!!!! anyways, the reason for it was to put all my hunting gear in it in case I wanted to do an all day hunt( both in Tn and Wy). I have recently got into videoing hunts for fun and it sure has added a lot of weight to my hunt. That is the reason for the back pack.

In September myself and JayMc will be leaving for Wyoming. It just so happens that username will be in the same camp as us(last year he shot a smokin deer around 140's out there). In order for me to justify the pack I decided the trade off would be for me to load it down with weight and walk a few miles a day. Tonight was my first night and I loaded the pack with around 22lbs of gear. By the end of the summer I am hoping to have it up to about 60-65 lbs. I will add more to the walk and hit trails that will keep adding a challenge to the walks.

Of course I blaim upsman and Quiver for this purchase that has started me exercising. Paybacks!!!!!! :grin: I can't wait to head West. :)

eddie c

figure out a mile loop on your lunch break. I have been doing that since march and have lost 15#. I also have a 1-1/2 mile loop figured out. take your gps and get you a pace of 3 mph and your walk will only take about 20 mins. get you one of those hand walking weight that weigh the same as your bow.

I still have not made any real adjustments on the amount of food I eat at supper time. if I would I could probably drop some more real quick.

Radar

You need to contact P.O.cedar . He will get you in shape . He loads his backpack with magazines , and walks 4-5 miles on the trails . :)
I walked 8 miles yesterday , and average 4-5 miles a day . I like the elliptical machines better than walking though . You get a better , low impact cardio workout that is similar to jogging or the stairmaster without the impact . It gets your heart rate up higher than walking , and works the legs better . I burn 600 calories in 1/2 hour .

Like anything else , start out slow and easy , then work your way up to speed and distance .

Buzzard Breath

Badlands 2200
DSC_1641.jpg

Here in E. TN, you can get into situations where packing a deer out is the only logical option. I also just like to carry too much junk through the woods. I load mine down with a bag of sand and hike in the mountains on photography sessions to get in shape.

Gravey

Good luck on the hunt. I looked at packs in Bass Pro yesterday. My old one is getting close to being on it's last leg. I find myself taking everything into the woods but the kitchen sink so I'll probably try to stay in the midsize range to keep from overdoing it.

Buzzard Breath

Actually, me and a buddy took his kids hiking a few weeks ago and I packed his 6 year old about 3 miles back to the truck in it. We just unzipped the main compartment and he stood in it. It compresses alot smaller than the picture, I use it as a suitcase when I travel and it is packed full of 4 days worth of laundry.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Richard...its a Super Day pack :grin: Its a Full Day after you pack around 60lbs of gear ;)

....and I think I'm gonna upgrade mine to the newer model also. Badlands makes killer packs! I've had one in some form for nearly 15 years.

bowriter

R.I.P.
#1-Where in WY?
#2- Gallon of water weighs 8 pounds. Freeze it, use two and you have a 16# load you can drink as you faint or chock the wheels on your atv.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Good area. I have a friend who leases a big ranch there. Lots of whitetails and some mulies. Early season can be real hot and later can be brutal cold. Terrain is not bad, some up and down but no mountains, just moderate ridges. Lots of hayfields and pastures broken with pines.

Ex-brother-in-law owns the Lissolo ranch at Newcastle very near Sundance had some huge deer at one time.

Latest posts