It's not always about the kill.

NBF7240

I'm not one to share personal stories, but thought I would share this one.

My dad was not a hunter, but he would always ask me about it. Mostly he would ask " if I'd got that deer yet?"

My dad got covid in November of 2020 and didn't make it. He knew I was after a good one at the time. One of the last conversations I had with dad, included him asking me if I had got the buck. I had not. On the one year anniversary of my dad's passing, I got up with the intention of going hunting. I was torn, I remember turning on the TV that morning, thinking I would stay home. But something was leading me to get up and go.....and I did. As I was walking in, there was left and rights that I needed to make to get to the tree I was gonna climb. I didn't even think about it, I was led. I was led to a grown up road bed. I walked by a tree and looked and something said climb that one. I walked on by, stopped and turned around. Went back to that tree. Climb it and waited. 30 minutes after day break, can you imagine what walked down that old grown up road that December 8th morning? Before that morning I was angry at everyone. That morning I let go of that anger and watch a great buck walk down that road and into the thicket.

Dad I seen him and he was beautiful.

agelessssone

I'm not one to share personal stories, but thought I would share this one.

My dad was not a hunter, but he would always ask me about it. Mostly he would ask " if I'd got that deer yet?"

My dad got covid in November of 2020 and didn't make it. He knew I was after a good one at the time. One of the last conversations I had with dad, included him asking me if I had got the buck. I had not. On the one year anniversary of my dad's passing, I got up with the intention of going hunting. I was torn, I remember turning on the TV that morning, thinking I would stay home. But something was leading me to get up and go.....and I did. As I was walking in, there was left and rights that I needed to make to get to the tree I was gonna climb. I didn't even think about it, I was led. I was led to a grown up road bed. I walked by a tree and looked and something said climb that one. I walked on by, stopped and turned around. Went back to that tree. Climb it and waited. 30 minutes after day break, can you imagine what walked down that old grown up road that December 8th morning? Before that morning I was angry at everyone. That morning I let go of that anger and watch a great buck walk down that road and into the thicket.

Dad I seen him and he was beautiful.
Beautiful

Mr.Bro

Thanks great story.
Never just about the kill anymore.
At my age when you pull the trigger the real work starts.
My last kill took me and my best friend and i 4 hrs to retrieve
All I want is 2 or 3 more kills in my life.
Good luck to all this fall.

Latest posts