is wild hog better then domestic pig

medwc

AllOutdoors said:
Cook it like you would any other pork. I think it taste sweeter than domestic pig, if that makes any sense.
IMO, and I have ate A LOT!!! What he said but I don't know about sweeter but [size]it is way better tasting![/size]

fishboy1

I think it is better. If you luck into one during a good acorn year where they haven't been eating a lot of skunky stuff, they are incredible.

A

Anonymous

If it weren't fer feral hogs, most of our ancestors would have starved to death. Some good eatin right there.

citico_tim

I would agree with AlabamaSwamper. Younger hogs are absolutely my favorite but I have had old boar and wasn't thrilled with it. I have also had corn fattened, in a pen, wild boar and it was hard to tell the difference from it and domestic.

Locksley

warrent423 said:
If it weren't fer feral hogs, most of our ancestors would have starved to death. Some good eatin right there.
time.

Amen that, the hogs used to fatten up on the acorns and chestnuts every fall before that first cold spell and hog killing time . The fat was rendered for cooking chicken and french fries or home fries, good fried chicken cooked in a cast iron skilliet in good fresh lard, yuuummm yuummm.

JimFromTN

I have had some that wasn't better and I have had some that was better. I had a freind about 20 yrs ago whose father in law owned Clarkrange Hunting reserve which has since been sold and I believe is still a hunting reserve under a different name. They had the classic ferel hogs with no european characteristcs at all. Those pigs tasted gamey to me. A few years back, I went down to Texas to hunt hogs and I killed one that had allot of european characterics. That hog tasted great. The only issue was the fact that it was an older hog and it was tough.

Latest posts