Is seeds killing our wildlife?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I have to point out here that if this was accurate it would be far more obvious like when wild hogs clean up 35 acres of corn just planted, shouldn't you find a dead hog or 2? Funny how it kills where there's no habitat but not where there is plenty of habitat among the grain fields. It also comes to mind that many of the seed coatings we see are in fact an inoculant, some are a fungicide. I have a bag of green colored corn in my shed and the mice and squirrels that eat from it might die from heart disease or hypertension but clearly are not being poisoned. If yall are aware of seed having (confirmed) poison on it that is damaging wildlife please post it here.

JCDEERMAN

I have to point out here that if this was accurate it would be far more obvious like when wild hogs clean up 35 acres of corn just planted, shouldn't you find a dead hog or 2? Funny how it kills where there's no habitat but not where there is plenty of habitat among the grain fields. It also comes to mind that many of the seed coatings we see are in fact an inoculant, some are a fungicide. I have a bag of green colored corn in my shed and the mice and squirrels that eat from it might die from heart disease or hypertension but clearly are not being poisoned. If yall are aware of seed having (confirmed) poison on it that is damaging wildlife please post it here.
I agree. When I watched this, they said the label would say "harmful to wildlife". I went out and looked at the 29 bags of RR soybeans in the basement (looked at 1 bag) and didn't see that verbiage on there. I'm sure it's specific to certain brands, etc…in a perfect world, and I'll be there one day with my crimper almost completed for this spring, I will probably go "uncoated" for cost and what this topic is about

deerhunter10

I do not have any of the studies saved. But have read several articles mainly about turkeys also several podcasts. They said they were going to release their findings within the year. I will also say this knowing 2 guys in a huge lawsuit with Monsanto about dicamba killing their tobacco. From what I understand a lot of the coatings are coming from there so it Will most likely get completely swept under the rug. I do not know about big animals but birds and bees are for sure being affected. Research there is a lot out there. I would be willing to bet no numbers come out and in 2 or 3 years those coatings will be gone. Just like dicamba is going out the door.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Herbicide tolerant crops are a result of genetic engineering and to my knowledge pose no threat to insects, animals or humans. Newer varieties are "stacked" with tolerance to 3 and 4 different herbicides. The problem is that as we kill the weeds that cannot tolerate the chemicals what remains are the ones naturally tolerant and they become the new super weed. Pigweed / Amaranth / Palmer are really good at this.
When wildlife eat these plants (after being sprayed) that is the area of great concern. Another concern that needs to be follow closely is the rebranding of chemicals like dicamba!! Minor changes in the makeup and you have a new product under a new name without the history! That's already on the shelf. Voluminous drift is the real big issue but over all it's a bad chemical and anything resembling it needs to be eliminated.

Henry

I agree. When I watched this, they said the label would say "harmful to wildlife". I went out and looked at the 29 bags of RR soybeans in the basement (looked at 1 bag) and didn't see that verbiage on there. I'm sure it's specific to certain brands, etc…in a perfect world, and I'll be there one day with my crimper almost completed for this spring, I will probably go "uncoated" for cost and what this topic is about
Is this where someone points out that when men eat soy they become feminine...grow breasts, etc?
Is this part of poisoning the human race?

WestTN2288

This is sickening to read… the guy in the video is not a scientist and is not telling the whole story. 2 sides to every story. Roundup is not making people sick and insecticides are not killing bees. Can reference that with a litany of scientific papers if you don't believe me.

WestTN2288

What is the percent of ROUND UP ready corn / wheat etc to NON TREATED SEEDS? Can you even buy non treated seeds ?
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 98%(RR corn, soybeans, cotton). No such thing as RR wheat. Yes you can buy non-Traited crops. COOP, nutrien, Helena (any at retailers) sells non-Traited everything and because it does not have a trait, you don't need any special licenses to buy. Have order ahead of time also

Last edited:

Latest posts