interesting study for the livescope haters

TheLBLman

Wonder if somewhat similar results would be found comparing those who use turkey decoys vs. those who don't?

I find the Lifescope an intriguing "tool", but not enough to justify buying one.
No hatred here towards those who do :)
But I can see Ruger losing a lot of fishing time just by messing with his livescope,
and trying to use it when it's too windy, so therefore he just stays home,
while Gasman catches a boatload.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wonder if somewhat similar results would be found comparing those who use turkey decoys vs. those who don't?

I find the Lifescope an intriguing "tool", but not enough to justify buying one.
No hatred here towards those who do :)
But I can see Ruger losing a lot of fishing time just by messing with his livescope,
and trying to use it when it's too windy, so therefore he just stays home,
while Gasman catches a boatload.
Actually saves me fishing time.
Pull up, scan and if there are no fish you move on.

Spurhunter

Interesting read but not the case on the MS reservoirs where I fish. I personally know several livescopers that are retired, fish 4-5 days a week, catch their limit almost every day, and then cull to get the biggest possible 15 for their grip and grins. They don't have any space left in their freezers so they usually give the fish away. Throwing back a crappie and not having a limit when they return to the ramp is not even an option. I honestly think they fish to impress people instead of enjoyment. They don't give a tinker's damn about the resource. They are only focused on the tailgate pic and reporting that they caught the limit with 5 over 2 and were home by 1. As far as culling, crappie never do well in my livewell. I would guess a lot of their culls die after release. Luckily crappie are big spawners and seem to always replenish.

WTM

Interesting read but not the case on the MS reservoirs where I fish. I personally know several livescopers that are retired, fish 4-5 days a week, catch their limit almost every day, and then cull to get the biggest possible 15 for their grip and grins. They don't have any space left in their freezers so they usually give the fish away. Throwing back a crappie and not having a limit when they return to the ramp is not even an option. I honestly think they fish to impress people instead of enjoyment. They don't give a tinker's damn about the resource. They are only focused on the tailgate pic and reporting that they caught the limit with 5 over 2 and were home by 1. As far as culling, crappie never do well in my livewell. I would guess a lot of their culls die after release. Luckily crappie are big spawners and seem to always replenish.
they have a high mortality rate as well. pretty much sucks being a crappie, lol.

id say if 100 percent of folks has livescope then yeah it would probably make a larger difference, but thats just my opinion playing around with numbers.

Andy S.

I honestly think they fish to impress people instead of enjoyment. They don't give a tinker's damn about the resource. They are only focused on the tailgate pic and reporting that they caught the limit with 5 over 2 and were home by 1.
Amen!! So true for SW TN "livescope crappie experts" who live for their next tailgate pic on Facebook.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Amen!! So true for SW TN "livescope crappie experts" who live for their next tailgate pic on Facebook.
I have never understood that crap.
Why drag all the fish out and scatter them out on a tailgate or on the ground to take a picture?
I might take a pic of an individual fish or a picture of the cooler but who wants to double / triple handle fish?
This is the kind of pics I like to take and show. :D

supper.jpg

WTM

I have never understood that crap.
Why drag all the fish out and scatter them out on a tailgate or on the ground to take a picture?
I might take a pic of an individual fish or a picture of the cooler but who wants to double / triple handle fish?
This is the kind of pics I like to take and show. :D

View attachment 133455
nostalgia maybe. in the old days they used to have boards to hang fish on. i used to go eat at buchannon just to look at the old pics from the old days. pretty cool but im to lazy to take a pic much less hang em on a board lol. unless its four or five im fixin to filet.

Mud Creek

nostalgia maybe. in the old days they used to have boards to hang fish on. i used to go eat at buchannon just to look at the old pics from the old days. pretty cool but im to lazy to take a pic much less hang em on a board lol. unless its four or five im fixin to filet.

Agreed. I try to always take a pic if I've had a good day in the field or on the water. I like to have my little girl in the pics with me so she can always have them to look back on.

I don't like the posing/showing off just for likes stuff but I do like taking and seeing pics/ videos. One day I won't be able to do it so I can go back and relive it.

Latest posts