Interesting on P320

Specializedjon

I've owned a 320 (RXP) for over a year and carried it often. Never had any issues. I've got a lot of questions regarding the allegations. Not saying the victims are lying but there's a lot that goes into a AD incident or potential AD.

If you're practicing proper muzzle discipline (i.e. not flagging anyone), AD's should never injure anyone. Just one man's opinion.

lafn96

I've owned a 320 (RXP) for over a year and carried it often. Never had any issues. I've got a lot of questions regarding the allegations. Not saying the victims are lying but there's a lot that goes into a AD incident or potential AD.

If you're practicing proper muzzle discipline (i.e. not flagging anyone), AD's should never injure anyone. Just one man's opinion.
One example where Sig claimed after the fact it was a defective firing pin.

Link

DaveTN

Mechanical devices can fail. A bunch were claimed by Glock users early on. Glock denied any problems and moved on with "upgrades". The story here is that the firearm went off while in a duty holster, that I assumed covered the trigger. Hard to make statements that the trigger had to have been pulled in that case.

PillsburyDoughboy

Mechanical devices can fail. A bunch were claimed by Glock users early on. Glock denied any problems and moved on with "upgrades". The story here is that the firearm went off while in a duty holster, that I assumed covered the trigger. Hard to make statements that the trigger had to have been pulled in that case.
Almost everyone of those with the Glocks were either A. Intentional or accidental, or inadvertent pull.of the trigger.

B: Departments hitting the side of the holsters during ASP baton training .

The design of the weapon has remained unchanged for the most part while the upgrades were simply that. Upgrades to make the action and trigger better.

PillsburyDoughboy

I can tell you for a fact Beretta was losing a good market share of the US lawenforcment share of contracts to Glock and alot of the chatter was coming from Beretta about these problems Glock was having . Or should I say was not having.

No clue about the Sig and if it has problems or not. I would be surprised.

DaveTN

Almost everyone of those with the Glocks were either A. Intentional or accidental, or inadvertent pull.of the trigger.

B: Departments hitting the side of the holsters during ASP baton training .

The design of the weapon has remained unchanged for the most part while the upgrades were simply that. Upgrades to make the action and trigger better.
I can tell you for a fact Beretta was losing a good market share of the US lawenforcment share of contracts to Glock and alot of the chatter was coming from Beretta about these problems Glock was having . Or should I say was not having.

No clue about the Sig and if it has problems or not. I would be surprised.
🤣 Non-sense.

Wahoo98

My agency issues the Sig 320s and I work with one of the individuals suing Sig. That person had an AD at the range during qualification in 2021 and shot him/herself in the leg. Our FI was standing directly behind him/her when it happened and saw the whole thing. There was not a malfunction with the weapon.......operator error (finger was on the trigger) caused that AD.

Hduke86

My agency issues the Sig 320s and I work with one of the individuals suing Sig. That person had an AD at the range during qualification in 2021 and shot him/herself in the leg. Our FI was standing directly behind him/her when it happened and saw the whole thing. There was not a malfunction with the weapon.......operator error (finger was on the trigger) caused that AD.
That'll do it every time🤣

DaveTN

If there isn't video of it happening, or it can't be reproduced; it didn't happen. That goes for crimes nowadays also. ;)

I was showing my BIL how the safeties on a 1911 worked. With the thumb safety engaged I pointed the gun downrange at a target and said "See…I can pull the trigger and nothing happens." Needless to say I was shocked when the gun fired. It was a total catastrophic failure and left the gun unusable.

It was an accidental discharge. I have had people argue with me that it was not an accidental discharge, because I pulled the trigger. That's one of the many dumb azz statements I've heard when it comes to guns.

For those who say there is no such thing as an accidental discharge, only negligent discharges, what do you think a slam fire is? If it happens and nothing gets shot, it's an accidental discharge. If something, or someone gets shot it's a negligent discharge. Yet I can't count the number of people I have seen, that claim to be responsible gun owners, slam a magazine in and the dop the slide on a handgun while standing in a residence without much concern about what the gun is going to shoot if it goes off. Or pointing down at the floor of a concrete slab building.

I've spent most of my adult life in a machine shop and have seen more machine failures than I can count. Guns are no different. They are mechanical devices, they can, and do fail. And the fact that one failed, or did not fail, can't be applied across the board.

DaveB

I am not a pistol fan to begin with. This applies to our experience:

we shoot 115 gr FMJ's and occasional 125 gr Nosler ASP bullets. Powder is only CFEPistol Primers are CCI.

We load on the low value for the powder charge. We find the pistols to be sensitive to max loads. In fact, a 2 grain over max charge resulted in damage to the 320 and had to go back to Sig. This was a thrown charge-the powder dispenser, not a green one, came apart inside and overcharged 20 rounds. I thought we had emptied them all but missed one. FYI the vendor replaced the product no questions asked.

We have one 320 and 2 365's in the house and have run over 2,000 rounds through each.

All of these get dirty and if not cleaned properly you can have several different issues. The predominant one is a FTF dented primer. It will also stovepipe. Our Beretta 92 FS never has any of these issues clean or dirty.

We have not had an AD or ND.

Nlaw1627

I've carried a P320 M18 for coming up on 2 years now and never had any problems with it at the range or anywhere else with AD, or anything else along those lines. Alien gear shapeshift holster the entire time.

Latest posts