"Will There Be Mass Noncompliance On ATF's Pistol Brace Rule?" (and an explanation of the current ruling)

Omega

So, to add fuel to this fire. When you are member of GOA or other orgs mentioned in the court case, that's OK then? Technically yes, but don't want to find out the hard way.
Any LEOs here ? They will be the ones putting "bracelets" on ya... Wonder what local LEOs think...
In short, yes, you are ok to still have them if you belong to GOA and the other organizations with injunctions, at least until the case is finalized at which time you will either need to take it off, add a 16" barrel, or it will be overturned and you can keep it as is. I am now curious as to how they will handle the situation if they get overturned, and I think it will; will they nullify the free stamps, or just suck up the loss?

DaveTN

So, to add fuel to this fire. When you are member of GOA or other orgs mentioned in the court case, that's OK then? Technically yes, but don't want to find out the hard way.
Any LEOs here ? They will be the ones putting "bracelets" on ya... Wonder what local LEOs think...
I think you will find local LEO's won't get involved in this much more than possibly a charge that can be tacked onto other criminal charges.

I think more likely would be a person targeted by the Feds. The current AG and especially the head of the BATF isn't going to give any kind of leeway on a gun charge. The entire democratic party is running on zero tolerance on guns. Especially evil guns. 🙃

Swampster

Bottom line, yes, a bunch of non-compliance...and compliance via free stamps. With the tens of millions of braces out there, it's bound to be that way.
That many out there? I don't see any attraction or real world application. Obviously, I'm not the target market, but who is?

Omega

That many out there? I don't see any attraction or real world application. Obviously, I'm not the target market, but who is?
Yes, there are that many. A brace gives you the ability to shoot a pistol much better than with just the tube, and in the case of some braces like the Maxim CQB make them look much better too. With some rounds, especially the 300BLK. the optimum barrel length is around 10.5", all powder is burned and you get the max performance. And, for CQB, the barrel length makes it easier to maneuver around structures, and makes room clearing much easier. And finally for those that choose to go quite, a shorter barrel is almost a prerequisite since a silencer would make it unwieldy otherwise.

1694367071457.png

Latest posts