If you like to cook...

bowriter

R.I.P.
Jim-for the life of me, I can't remember exactly when the crawfish festival is. I know it is hot when they do it. I'm sure you can google it. Brush up your broom dance before you go.

moondawg

My wife likes Paula Deen. She has some good stuff, but I can't listen to hear talk much.

"Half a block of butter, yaawwwwll..." UGH. :crazy:

I like Throwdown w/Bobby Flay. He's interesting. I'm sure he can be a jerk, but maybe that's just the NYC in him.

I like Guy Fieri's Drive Ins, Diners, and Dives.

I like Alton Brown. He's just full of interesting knowledge. Kinda talks alot, but at least he's interesting.

jb3

Went on vacation in Savannah, never cared to go eat at Paula's restaurant. People stand in line for hours for mac-n-cheese and fried chicken. My wife did go to Anthony Bourdain's restaurant in New York for breakfast and said it was pretty good, Les Halles I believe it's called. Flay may have an attitude, but he can grill.

Went to an Italian restaurant here in Nashville, City House. They are one of two restaurants in the state to buy their pigs "whole" from the butcher. They cure all meats in house. Best restaurant in the city. You can sit at the chef's bar and watch 3 guys work the kitchen, one of them being the owner/chef.

jb3

For those of you that live in/around Nashville, one of the best restaurants around is closing this weekend, Zola. The chef (Deb Paquette) and her husband (Ernie Paquette) are closing up. It's the place where I proposed to my wife. Hate to see it go. If you like gumbo, ettouffe, jambalya, etc.. they have the spanish version, paella, one of the best dishes I've ever had. BW may have a little more input on Ernie. I believe he has/had an fishing guide service, South Harpeth Outfitters and I believe he was also in charge of the wine at the restaurant. Hate to see those restaurants that aren't chains go away.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Ernie is a nice guy. Hate to see him have to close the doors. Funny thing is, I didn't even know he had a restrant. I would have sure gone there to eat.

I'm doing a little thing here, Feb. 12 for about 12 people. The theme is Cajun buffet. That should be fun and should provide plenty of heartburn. :) I'm doing a little gumbo (shrimp) a little jambalaya (pork and sausage) a little fried, soft shell crabs, some dirty rice and a touch of grilled okra. Desert will be beignets and ice cream.

Aiiee!

jb3

Don't think they had to close the doors, think he and his wife are just stepping away and headed to a warmer climate. His wife was always thought of as one of the best chefs in town and the restaurant was always one of the top voted "best restaurants"

Latest posts