If you like to cook...

bowriter

R.I.P.
Jan. 3 on the food channel, Emeril and Mario are taking on Bobby Flay and the executive chef from the White House. The three of them, Emeril, Mario and Bobby are head and shoulders the best chefs in the country.

I would love to meet Bobby Flay heads up in a grilling contest and Emeril in a Cajun cooking contest. I know I can beat Emeril. Bobby would be a toss up depending on what we cooked.

I couldn't carry Mario's tomatoe sauce. I can't do Italian.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I have had a couple conversations with Emeril Class act all the way. But my gumbo and jambalaya will beat his every time. He cooks Nawlins style and I cook Cajun. Flay is about the best I have ever seen for pure grilling on small grills. Nobody can beat Mario for Italian food.

I'll tell you someboy else who can flat cook. Don't recall his name right now but a weird dud with pierced ears and spiked dyed, blonds hair. He is nuts be he can cook.

kdxdude

bowriter said:
I have had a couple conversations with Emeril Class act all the way. But my gumbo and jambalaya will beat his every time. He cooks Nawlins style and I cook Cajun. Flay is about the best I have ever seen for pure grilling on small grills. Nobody can beat Mario for Italian food.

I'll tell you someboy else who can flat cook. Don't recall his name right now but a weird dud with pierced ears and spiked dyed, blonds hair. He is nuts be he can cook.

Guy Fieri

Wildcat

I do agree that Emeril, Mario and Bobby Flay are good chefs but are no where being the best chefs in the country. They are the very best "TV" chefs . They have what it takes to do great on TV, most peiople do not have that.

The very best chefs are a different kind of person, they will NEVER make it on TV, in fact they would turn off the people watching the shows. Those chefs are the best and have the medals to prove it. Most of them are crue cold hearted dictators just like most of the best businessmen in the world, we see very few of them on TV because they are not "TV people".

John you should know what I'm talking about. Take 10 of the very best outdoor writers and put them in a TV show, 9 of them will flop ever though all of them are great writers and great hunters.

Still I would love to cook with Bobby Flay one time.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Wildcat you are right. Those competiton chefs don't have to worry about presentation and have all the time they need. The TV guys have to worry as much about presentation as they do taste. I would flunk presentation. The other things the TV chefs have to have is personality and a gift for gab. Most of the competition guys couldn't say sand if they had a mouth full.

I won the first Charlie Daniels chilli cookoff. Then the judges asked for the copies of my recipe. He11, I didn't have a recipe so they gave it Carrol Shelby. LMAO.

My goal in cooking was to provide dam good tasting food. I never much worried about the rest of it. Now my sous chef could do presentation if she wanted to, She very seldom wanted to. She had her own catering business for many years and finally decided to buy a construction company. Go figure. But she is the best with bakery and sauces I ever saw. A real people person.

God I hope she beats this deal. I want to cook with her for a few more years.

redblood

Paula deen is the best. Flay seems like a johnson. The little italian chick giada is cute but has man hands. Rachel ray scares me. Love the diner, drive in and dives show. Have hit a few of the restaurants on the show.

green doe

I don't like the way Paula Deen licks her fingers when she's cooking. It grosses me out - wash your hands woman! Giada has made nothing I would want to eat and her head is too big for her body (because her body is so dang small) so she looks like a lollipop. Bobby Flay seems like a - shoot I can't think of a clean enough word - so I don't watch his shows. Maybe he's too "New York" for me.

I like the Barefoot Contessa but she doesn't make anything too spectacular or ground breaking. At least she looks like she eats her cooking. I did see her oven roast shrimp for shrimp cocktail so I tried it and it beat boiling or steaming hands down, no question.

Tyler Florence is my favorite. He makes food that both my husband and I would eat and he seems passionate about it. He's got skills beyond just being able to talk and cook at the same time. And he's cute.

Have you ever noticed that whenever any one of the chefs on Food Network has friends over to eat, the friends never look too excited with the food or the company? It might be because they're nervous to be on camera but it always looks to me like they aren't that happy to be there.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I just can't stand Paula and the dizzy broad who is getting all the flack now drives me crazy. Boy has she got a big butt. Don't know who Tyler is. There are several on there who can't boil water.

300 RUM

Iron Chef America and Throwdown with Bobby Flay are probably the best shows on the boob tube right now. Barefoot Contessa no way can't stand to hear her talk.

green doe

bowriter said:
Don't know who Tyler is. There are several on there who can't boil water.
Coincidentally, Tyler used to host a show called "How to Boil Water". Now he hosts Tyler's Ultimate.

TennesseeRains

green doe said:
Tyler Florence is my favorite he's cute.

Go figure! :D

Actually, I like Tyler too - he's a good ole Southern boy!

I don't like Paula at all. She seems, and I may be wrong, fake.

As for the competition....I told the wife there was NO WAY the White House Exec. Chef was gonna get beat....

Even though Emeril and Mario should have won I thought.

green doe

Tyler is a southern boy, that's true. Lost his accent somewhere, though. Such a shame. :D

I didn't watch the competition - not just because it had Bobby Flay or because Ms. Obama was the special guest but because I don't appreciate the show. What with all the blow-by-blow coverage and the tastings at the end. I can't imagine how a jalapeno chocolate flan tastes so why would I want to watch someone prepare it and someone else eat it? Maybe I haven't given it a fair shake but I didn't like the Japanese version and I don't like the American version.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Emeril and Mario won hands down but no way they could beat the White House. In addition, two of the three judges were British and the third was a swimmer. What the he11 do they know about cooking?

Never been a single dish cooked in England that was fit to eat.

Wildcat

Paula does get old with her "southern ways", she would be so much better to cut down on that. She seems to over do that part and that's not the reason I want to watch her show.

The Barefoot Contessa can stay barefoot for all I care.

Tyler is good and knows what he's doing.

Iron Chef America is NOT real competition. No mater what they say, every single person in that show knows UP FRONT what that show will have long before they ever start fliming. Look at all those helpers, as soon as someone says go they have already started on their parts while the head chefs are still up front getting the the nights main ingredients.They HAVE to know what that is before they know what to make. There is a time limit and no way to really get it all done in less than a hour. People think it's one hour when they use up the first 5 minutes of the show just telling about the nights show plus they have to have a few minutes for the winner at the end.

green doe

Was the "secret ingredient" from last night's show from the presidential garden? Because I had heard that last Wednesday in our newspaper. And, if true, then it really wasn't a secret just like you said, Wildcat.

green doe

Oh, and I would be surprised if any of you would like the Barefoot Contessa. She's a yankee through and through and she seems to specialize in food that best serves bridal showers and gift baskets. Don't see any of you guys fancying that. But, hey, I'm a yankee and I like gift basket brownies and chicken salad sandwiches on soft bread with crusts cut off. I also like how much she obviously loves her husband - again something I don't think any of you guys would care about.

Latest posts