If you can only keep ONE

44 mag

My grandfather's S&W model 10. My grandmother had Alzheimer's and he gave it to me when she started getting bad "just in case" neither are with us anymore.

It was the only gun he had.

Mugwamper

My Papaws Remington 742 Woodsmaster in 30-06. He died and my dad got it. My dad died and I got it. My son owns it since I passed it down to him but it's at my home. All 4 generations have killed deer with it. All 4 were our biggest bucks as well. I believe it to be a1968 model.

Hunter 257W

Having had a house fire several years back I can attest to the fact that you can carry a LOT of guns at once. When I found out it was burning, I told my wife to get the kid and get out and that I had some things I was going to get. I had multiple handguns in each hand with one finger through each trigger guard. All unloaded. Long guns hugged to chest. Got Passports, wallets with Id, car keys and got vehicles out of garage and way back in the back yard. Also started making like Speedy Gonzalez with boxes of gun powder cans and primers to the detached garage. After that blitzkrieg of evacuation I just stood back and watched the firemen work. Fortunately they stopped it before it burned to the ground and it only destroyed part of the upper floor.

Snake

I would probably burn to death trying to decide!
I'd probably burn up because I'd have so many in my hands I'd probably fall . Now surely this is first knowing your loved ones where all out . To the OP probably get the Ruger 7mm mag as I have more shells for it but again I may get the Thompson Encore and the three barrels that goes with it (1 gun :)) .

Joe2Kool

Have you ever heard the stories of when a woman's children are in danger? Somehow they are able to find inexplicable strength....

I assume the same thing would happen to me and I would carry the entire safe downstairs and out the front door.
I like it!!

Now let's see who gets this reference "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

But if I didn't have that superhuman strength, it would be the 300 WinMag I inherited from my bro-in-law. Or if I was at the other end of the house, the 357 mag, circa 1970's police issue.

Oh wait, for the record, I don't have any guns or ammo. :)

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Mossberg 100 ATR in 270. I love that rifle and it would be in the first trip, also because it is in the front of the safe. On the second, third, or fourth trips I would just work my way back in the safe. I think I could probably empty it in 2 trips though. Makes me want to go buy about 10 more rifle/shotgun slings so every gun has a sling on it and is ready for the occasion. I have about 3 slings I just transfer between my rifles and shotguns as I need them on it.

Latest posts