Idaho Mule Deer

AT Hiker

Good luck!
ID is one of the states I haven't toyed with yet. I always thought it would be cool to try for Northern panhandle whitetail, I used to think they were overlooked.

Hope you both kill a hammer!

FYI...hammer is Alaskan for big buck.

Realtree56

I was like 12,500 when I first got in, buddy was 17000… I was in and purchasing the tag in hour and a half, buddy was in very shortly after. I guess a lot of people jumped out after select units sold out

Coltens

Congrats and good luck! I have always wanted to hunt mule deer also. Maybe in the next couple of years I can get it done.

tellico4x4

Had no idea they were on sale now. We use to buy them in July/Aug as a backup if we didn't get drawn somewhere else. Been 4 times , once in Selway Bitterroot Wilderness for elk & thought we were going to die in forest fire( that's a story I need to share one day), other 3 trips to SE (Diamond Creek) for mule deer & elk. Use to be lots of pressure in SE from California but had some success if your willing to walk in further or hunt tougher terrain than others.
Good luck!

Realtree56

Had no idea they were on sale now. We use to buy them in July/Aug as a backup if we didn't get drawn somewhere else. Been 4 times , once in Selway Bitterroot Wilderness for elk & thought we were going to die in forest fire( that's a story I need to share one day), other 3 trips to SE (Diamond Creek) for mule deer & elk. Use to be lots of pressure in SE from California but had some success if your willing to walk in further or hunt tougher terrain than others.
Good luck!
SE part of the state is where we'll be

th88

I had a good number in line (1390), or so I thought. In years past it was good enough, but not this yr to get a decent elk tag. Folks are now flying there and buying tags for them and their crew in person. A lot of the better elk tags sold out in 12 mins from in person sales. Sad thing is it's created a market for tag scalping. You could clear $1k easy as an idaho resident just waiting in line in person to buy tags for others.

Latest posts