I need to Mention Something

bowriter

R.I.P.
I just started posting on this forum. I don't want anyone to think I am some kind of executive chef. I just like to cook and have been doing so for a long time. I grew up cooking. The first book I wrote was a cookbook. I have had several people PM or email me asking for a my recipes.

Here's the deal I don't have any recipes. I have never had one. The only thing I measure is water or stock and rice. Everything else just instinct. So I can't give you a recipe. No matter what dish I am making, the ingredients may change at any time. My specialty is Cajun food, second is grilled meat, especially deer meat.

If I had a recipe, I'd gladly share it. But I can't even tell you how I make my marinades or my vinagaretts. I can tell you. I go through a lot of fresh paparika. I use a lot of fresh basil and oregano and thyme. I have no idea how much. I am big making and storing stocks-fish and seafood and chicken and beef.

I can give you tips on cooking time and basic ingredients but I have no recipes.

bowriter

R.I.P.
It was I don't recall how many recipes, maybe 50. I hated writing it but dang it made money. I had to cook every dam one of those recipes and measure everything. I'll never do that again.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Fiction_ I can't let this pass. That is the same saying someone is lying. I don't much like that. I can produce the cookbook. What do you have to produce?

medwc

The Ol'Professor said:
bowriter said:
The Professor made a funny post. No problem with that.

You're right, my post was an attempt at humor nothing more.
lol, and that is why I said "bw getting messed with." and not attacked.
I guess I should have said "Good one".

cdw338

The majority of times, I just wing it, a little of this and a little of that. Try this and a little of that till I get it to the way I want it.

Most of the times I don't do the same amount of spices as before.
All about the tast.

I could not tell you howmuch of this or that, that I use in something.

I do use receips sometimes, but most of the time I change them.

pulplip fiction

sorry you were offended. i just thought the ol'professor was fairly clever. i have nothing to produce, except maybe some sensitivity self help pamplets, or maybe i dont. i'll look around for them.

pulplip fiction

pulplip is a really bad pun for a screen name i have on crappie.com. crappie being aka paper mouth, with a further reach being pulp, with all fish stories being fiction. i'm so sorry. but you asked.

moondawg

Back to the topic...my dad is a pretty good cook. No formal training, he just knows what he likes. I think I've drawn some of that from him.

I usually follow recipes, but I'll put my own stamp on it somehow, adding a little more of this, maybe less of that.

moondawg

bowriter said:
Here's the deal I don't have any recipes. I have never had one. The only thing I measure is water or stock and rice. Everything else just instinct. So I can't give you a recipe. No matter what dish I am making, the ingredients may change at any time. My specialty is Cajun food, second is grilled meat, especially deer meat.

Nothing wrong with that! Sometimes you decide to add a little more of this or a little less of that, depending how you feel at the time.

Somtimes you gotta gauge your cooking without the official measurements. My wife's grandmother doesn't use recipes or measure her ingreedients, she just adds a little of this and a a little of that.

Latest posts