I have a 100 acres in middle tn. and had a logger

csi-tech

I would get a professional timber cruise done. Timber prices are too varied for some yokel to give you an accurate price on. We have 400 acres that needs logging but we have land that has been untouched since the 1950's and 200 year old poplars that may fetch top dollar.

PillsburyDoughboy

csi-tech":o8b4t5v9 said:
I would get a professional timber cruise done. Timber prices are too varied for some yokel to give you an accurate price on. We have 400 acres that needs logging but we have land that has been untouched since the 1950's and 200 year old poplars that may fetch top dollar.

Your probably ripe for cutting . I'm betting u are finding large trees down after big storms ? Losing trees to age every year !

Your younger trees are probably not doing as well as they could as they are getting choked out by the canopy.

I would consider watching the market and selling when it's right .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sallee-bo

I had 50 acres select cut in 2010 and it grew back so thick that I don't hunt it anymore . I know some good bucks are probably using it but you literally need a machete to get in there. A deer could walk within 5 yards of you and you would never see it . I went there back in October to look for oyster mushrooms and said to heck with it.

PillsburyDoughboy

sallee-bo":3o14ikxo said:
I had 50 acres select cut in 2010 and it grew back so thick that I don't hunt it anymore . I know some good bucks are probably using it but you literally need a machete to get in there. A deer could walk within 5 yards of you and you would never see it . I went there back in October to look for oyster mushrooms and said to heck with it.

You should go in there with a bob cat or a dozier and do some row cutting .

Do some set ups that way. I bet u do have some big bucks in there .

sallee-bo

PillsburyDoughboy":1hr0723q said:
sallee-bo":1hr0723q said:

You should go in there with a bob cat or a dozier and do some row cutting .

Do some set ups that way. I bet u do have some big bucks in there .

Except for about 8 acres it's all hardwood ridges. I don't think a bobcat would do any good and would probably take several thousand dollars to get a bulldozer in there to do what I would like to do. There is still alot of good hardwood left.

sallee-bo

PillsburyDoughboy":3da2swvy said:
http://www.drpower.com/inquiry/field-brush-mowers?src=AW94924XE3763309&gclid=CJbWuuunpNICFZA2aQodhWcPVw

A buddy of mine has one of the DR Brush Mowers that he lets me borrow and I have found it is a great tool to have to access parcels of my land that are usually not acceccable with a normal tractor or a dozier might cost alot to get in there.

Just a thought for you. They do a remarkable job on stuff up to about 3 inches or so.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Boone 58

MickThompson":20xwaxdu said:
Hire a consulting forester. He will get you top dollar and make sure you are taken care of. I would be cautious of the logger who is coming by knocking on doors to solicit work.

X_2 :(

Latest posts