Some things I have seen after killing a buck

BSK

I've seen that just once. Dropped a 2 1/2 year-old 8 point and a half hour later another 2 1/2 year-old 8 came along and tried to fight with him while he was dead on the ground.

Big Pop

Way cool! Butcher didn't even have to tenderize the steak for you!

Deer thoughts- "Get you some of this big boy!" or "Don't be messing with my girl anymore!"

Ski

foghorn leghorn walking GIF

7X57

We've seen this several times over the years in one particular spot. It seems if we kill a buck down in the valley field he gets spotted by bucks cruising the ridge above.

Snake

Had that happen to me once in Giles Co. Shot a nine point and was just watching everything a while before getting down . The buck was dead and no more than twenty yards from me but a decent six point came up and battled him while he was on the ground .

backyardtndeer

Interesting clips. Kind of wondered if something like this may have happened with the buck I killed back in November. I watched a little buck go into the brush pile where my buck had run into. I heard some thrashing, my buck should have already been dead when I heard the thrashing. I couldn't see where they were at, but he was on his back when I found him.

rem270

Cool stuff. Never seen a buck do that to another one but killed a doe one time and had a buck come by shortly after. He'd nudge her and try to get her up. Then he laid down beside her for hours. He'd run any other buck off that came close to her. The next afternoon I was sitting further down the ridge but he came by and was still hanging close to the area.

Latest posts