I guess a 7mm Mauser will kill a deer... 😂

Tenntrapper

Just tried my first ladder test with the new 7/08. Another member had sent me some data using a bullet/powder combo I was hoping to use. I didn't pay any attention to the MAP that was listed.
Loaded up ladder last night, and just went out to test...just for pressure. Great news....went all the way to max load...no signs of pressure, and these were seriously compressed... 😂. Recoil was very mild as well.
Came back in and started looking at book numbers. Hmmm, MAP for that load was 44,500CUP. I looked at the specs for 7/08....52,000 is Max CUP. Curiosity being what it is....I looked at 7 Mauser data....46,000 CUP is Max.
I guess they would be a good "light" load....sure was pleasant to shoot in that little rifle.
Guess I'll be trying some faster powder... 😂
Maybe... 😂

rifle02

I have owned both 7 mm-08 and 7x57 Mauser. Both were deer killers. The 7mm Mauser has a wide range of load data. Some of it is loaded down in deference to older small ring Mauser actions which were thought to be not as strong. However in a strong action the 7mm Mauser can be loaded up pretty good. That tapered case feeds like a dream too.

Tenntrapper

I have owned both 7 mm-08 and 7x57 Mauser. Both were deer killers. The 7mm Mauser has a wide range of load data. Some of it is loaded down in deference to older small ring Mauser actions which were thought to be not as strong. However in a strong action the 7mm Mauser can be loaded up pretty good. That tapered case feeds like a dream too.
Yeah, that's the way it was when I loaded for the various 6.5 Swedes I've had. The old Mausers were at one level, and the modern CZs were.... heavier. Those old cartridges can turn some nice numbers in a modern rifle.

Latest posts