I didn't quit after all

Spurhunter

It only took a few days for me to break my promise about fishing on the weekends. I had so many irons in the fire that I couldn't fish Thursday or Friday, and I needed a fix so I went yesterday. I planned on fishing until the lake lice showed up and then getting out of there. Apparently all the nervous hospitals didn't do their weekend release yesterday. The lake lice weren't near as bad as last Saturday. I had 9 big crappie in the box when the wind got brutal and a boatload of morons decided they needed to ski back and forth right where I was fishing. I fought the waves for a short time hoping to hear a connecting rod go through a cylinder wall, but it didn't happen and I knew I was just wasting my time. I wish the COE or the game wardens would start checking boats for alcohol like they used to forcing the "pleasure boaters" to go elsewhere. All in all it was a good morning. I had already completely iced the fish down before I thought about a pic. I know two things: the heat was brutal, and I'm ready for cooler temps/fall fishing!

redblood

Luckily the lake i fished is a forgotten lake pretty far out with no development. But it was still way busier than i like. But with school starting back- i figure was the last really big weekend until a final flurry at labor day. Im with you though- cant wait till its 60 degrees high temp and golden leaves in mid october

Atchman2

I hate to admit it but I myself was a "lake lice" yesterday. My grandchildren wanted to get pulled on the inner tube. It was too hot to fish anyway, but I did go back right before dark to try and catch some white bass that were breaking near the bank. Honestly, you can't really expect privacy near the big parks, especially on Fort Loudon. That is why I fish during the week. Heck I've had trouble finding a place to bank fish at times!

Spurhunter

I hate to admit it but I myself was a "lake lice" yesterday. My grandchildren wanted to get pulled on the inner tube.
Nothing wrong with that. I'd be willing to bet you stayed away from people fishing. The ones I'm talking about are the idiots that want to get as close to fishermen as they can. Everyone needs to see how cute they are. They need that attention! If you ignore them they will fill the ballasts, turn up the rap music and F bombs, and try to wash you up on the bank. Like I said, they must be on weekend leave from the nervous hospital. It has to be a mental illness for someone to need attention that bad.

Latest posts