I'm done with fishing. I quit.

Spurhunter

On the weekends until Labor Day when the lake lice go into their Labor Day to Memorial Day hibernation in rubber rooms at the nervous hospital. I fished yesterday at the upper end of the lake where the standing timber starts. Some morons in a wake boat came up there and were boat riding around the fishermen going around the edges of the visible standing timber. These clueless idiots have no idea there are broke off trees under the water in the area that you can't see. I thought about waiting around to hear one go through the hull or hit the lower unit, but I was about done and they made up my mind on leaving. So I run back to the ramp in a constant barrage of boat wakes from all the ski boats running around. I get to the ramp, get my truck and get in line. There is a brain dead buffoon parked ON the ramp splitting 2 lanes, getting his boat ready and loading coolers, etc. This ramp is easily 3 lanes wide. 4 fishermen with brains and the ability to back a trailer can use it at the same time. But, with 2 lanes blocked and giant ski boats putting in there was only room for one at a time. Luckily, my off days are Thursday, Friday, Saturday so I can fish on weekdays.

Crow Terminator

I seldom get days off and just go when I get a day. Yesterday was one of those days. I knew it was going to be bad with the lice but...didn't really care. There were only 3 million, 4 hundred 62 thousand of them on the lake when I got there. I knew where the hot spots are for the pleasure riders so I went to a slough with some deeper brush and stuff to get away from them. I saw crappie suspended and I no more than put the trolling motor down, when here came one of those tritoons with 2 motors on the back, headed straight for me. They decided they were going to play ring around the rosey with my boat being the center piece of their circles. I stuck it out and did really well. I rocked and rolled waves so much that when I got to land and tried walking, I looked like a drunk man staggering about.

megalomaniac

I had more trouble with inconsiderate fishermen yesterday... where one of the main bayous (for smaller boats) meets the MS sound, I started at daylight. Catching flounder right at the mouth underneath a pile of baitfish. Dude gets there 10 min later, trolls up to 20y away, then starts pitching his casting net onto the flat the flounder were on. Bite over.

Moved down the sound to another tiny bayou noone else could reach, as the low tide had less than a foot of water across the flat to the mouth of that bayou. Spent an hour in there catching a few more, then wanted to head way back to the main bayou to fish for reds.

There was a dude anchored exactly in the middle of the mouth of that bayou. 10 yards of water between him and either side. Usually folks will bottom fish one one side or the other to allow boats to pass, but not this guy. I'm idling with zero wake and putting past him halfway between him and the bank on the side opposite his anchor...about 5 yards away. Give a courtesy wave as I'm passing and one on the boat hooks up. They start yelling at me to get out of the way. Reminded me of the antifa idjits blocking traffic on the interstate. I just shrugged, nothing i could do and kept on idling.

Spurhunter

I no more than put the trolling motor down, when here came one of those tritoons with 2 motors on the back, headed straight for me. They decided they were going to play ring around the rosey with my boat being the center piece of their circles.
I just don't understand what makes them act like they do. I think you have to take an IQ test to prove your score is lower than 50 to buy one of them.

mike243

Norris lake is a hot mess in the summer with folks from Ohio coming onto the lake from Campbell county, add the locals launching from the Anderson county side and it's thick. Night fishing is about the best way to not get swamped

rifle02

Norris lake is a hot mess in the summer with folks from Ohio coming onto the lake from Campbell county, add the locals launching from the Anderson county side and it's thick. Night fishing is about the best way to not get swamped
Yes, but Norris seems to be dead after Labor Day. My wife and I were shocked once when we were there in the second week of September some years back. We were shocked to find there was no gas for sale except at the dam and only several days a week. We ended up driving to LaFollette I think it was hitting up the auto parts stores for gas cans. We bought gas in town and I had to carry five cans of gas down to the dock where our boat was. At least I ended up with a supply of gas cans.

Latest posts