I Bought Another One-I Think I'm Sick (pics)

Howa

My wife says I have a sickness. I came home with another muzzleloader today, just couldn't walk away from it. It's a Knight Disc Extreme, full APG Camo. I "needed" this one to use in inclement weather, the Long Range Hunter is just too pretty to get out in it. I've got to find something to sell now, possibly gonna let my Knight camo/stainless T-Bolt go. Anyhow, here she is.

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

Howa

I gave $259 for this one brand new at Grandpa's in Clarksville, I searched the net and the cheapest one was $415, but they went all the way to $500, with most in the $475 range, so I felt like I stole it at $259. The model # is Knight DE06APG, type it in google and you can check the prices, $259 was a deal.

TheLBLman

Howa said:
. . . . . just couldn't walk away from it. It's a Knight Disc Extreme, full APG Camo. I "needed" this one to use in inclement weather, the Long Range Hunter is just too pretty to get out in it.
LAME excuse IMO! :grin:
I agree with your wife.

I like your scope better than your KDE. ;)
Which Burris model do you have mounted there?

Since I'm so full of it today, a couple more questions:

1) Is this KDE really any different in inclement weather than the Knight Long-Range Hunter?

2) What are the advantages/disadvantages to the bare primer conversion kit?

Howa said:
Now, I've bought another long range hunter, supposed to be delivered on Monday.
Like I said, your wife has you pegged!
Unfortunately, you have a contagious disease that's spreading across Tennessee like wildfire. :)

Howa

Wes Parrish said:
Howa said:
. . . . . just couldn't walk away from it. It's a Knight Disc Extreme, full APG Camo. I "needed" this one to use in inclement weather, the Long Range Hunter is just too pretty to get out in it.
LAME excuse IMO! :grin:
I agree with your wife.

I like your scope better than your KDE. ;)
Which Burris model do you have mounted there?

Since I'm so full of it today, a couple more questions:

1) Is this KDE really any different in inclement weather than the Knight Long-Range Hunter?

2) What are the advantages/disadvantages to the bare primer conversion kit?

Howa said:
Now, I've bought another long range hunter, supposed to be delivered on Monday.
Like I said, your wife has you pegged!
Unfortunately, you have a contagious disease that's spreading across Tennessee like wildfire. :)

It's the Burris FullField II Ballistic Plex 3.9.40. In my opionion, the best scope for the money, these are selling on e-bay brand new in box for $148 including shipping.

As far as inclement weather, I assume they would all perform the same, just a matter of me not wanting to take the laminated wood out in the rain, just a personal choice, too pretty to hunt with in inclement weather.

Advantage of the bare primer conversion is supposedly better ignition with BH209 because of the way the bare primer sits inside of the conversion breech plug, more fire in the hole, they say. I didn't try it without the conversion, so it may indeed work without it. Disadvantage would be trying to handle a little bare primer with gloves on, seems like the larger red disc would be easier, but again, everybody has their own opinion.

P.S. I've got plenty of her friends agreeing with her, don't need any guys jumping on the bandwagon. lol

Latest posts