I’ve got babies 🦃

Chickenrig

Took the dogs for a walk this Am down back and on the way back up to the house we bumped a hen and her 5 poults . Little bitty things but they made it out of the egg !!! I've been trapping since deer season ended with dog proofs and little marsh mellows . Up to 18 coons & 1 opossum so far !!! It is so good to results of hard work pay off . I encourage everyone to do what you can in your little piece of woods to help these birds out since the state agencies drag their asses and create study groups to fix what we as hunters and ecologists already know is the answer .
Off my soap box now

deerfever

Good deal! I ruined my hunt on a yote this morning. Bird was gobbling good but in the end when it came sneaking in, I knew what I was going to do. I hope all those poults do well on your place! That is great news!

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Good deal! I ruined my hunt on a yote this morning. Bird was gobbling good but in the end when it came sneaking in, I knew what I was going to do. I hope all those poults do well on your place! That is great news!
I saw one run across the road the other day that had a huge white patch on it back, dog yote offspring?

megalomaniac

Keep trapping! You CAN make a difference!

I'm in South Dakota right now turkey hunting. Took a break yest afternoon to help him plant 2100 trees and see his farm. He has traps set all over the place, and tons of tails in the freezer. SD pays trappers $10 per tail.

Must have seen 20 pheasants on his place. Too bad there are no turkeys. Hopefully once he converts open farmland to mixed habitat with roost trees, some birds move in.

Monk74

I saw earlier this year a governor, I believe in one of the Dakotas signed into law a 30 or 60 day bounty period on any nest predators all the way down to even possums. Since Tn licenses are really expensive compared to neighboring states. Tn has good hunting and fishing don't get me wrong. But not a big draw like Arkansas ducks or Kentucky deer. Wish they'd spend some of the money like that and give back a little to the hunters/ trappers. Like my grandpa said. " some people pull the wagon, so others can ride the wagon.

Monk74

Keep trapping! You CAN make a difference!

I'm in South Dakota right now turkey hunting. Took a break yest afternoon to help him plant 2100 trees and see his farm. He has traps set all over the place, and tons of tails in the freezer. SD pays trappers $10 per tail.

Must have seen 20 pheasants on his place. Too bad there are no turkeys. Hopefully once he converts open farmland to mixed habitat with roost trees, some birds move in.
Just read this after my post.

Chickenrig

I saw earlier this year a governor, I believe in one of the Dakotas signed into law a 30 or 60 day bounty period on any nest predators all the way down to even possums. Since Tn licenses are really expensive compared to neighboring states. Tn has good hunting and fishing don't get me wrong. But not a big draw like Arkansas ducks or Kentucky deer. Wish they'd spend some of the money like that and give back a little to the hunters/ trappers. Like my grandpa said. " some people pull the wagon, so others can ride the wagon.
I agree Monk
But its all take and very little give these days . Look at Bama : charge you to hunt over corn , charge you to do their dam job at controlling predators $15 for a hunt at night permit . Its all a money grab to support the fat at the top !
I'm done for now

Monk74

Yep, I said it when the duck hunting fiasco happened. I'll fish private ponds and creeks. And hunt on properties I own. They've taken too many of my dollars. I want to believe some of them mean well but, enough is enough.

Latest posts