2024 🦃 Kill Thread

Derek

Late morning hunts can some times be the ticket. Slept in this morning due to just being tired after being up early and walking who knows how many miles over the last few days chasing turkeys. Finally dragged out of bed around 0700. After eating a biscuit and my morning coffee kicking in, I hit the door running and made it out to one of the local WMA spots not too far from the house a little before 0900. Long story short....called him in to 35 paces right at 10:00 after working him for about 30 minutes. I've hunted this area a few times over the last couple of seasons but the birds have always come out ahead in the game. This morning it just all fell into place and my first bird of the season is in the books. Overall, a decent public land bird....18 pounds, 15 ounces....just short of a 9 inch beard with spurs right at an inch.

View attachment 224359
ANY public land gobbler is a trophy. Congrats!

Livin2hunt

Gotter done in Illinois this morning! Started yesterday but caught the tail end of storms passing through and they didn't make a sound all day. This morning got in super early and luckily I guessed right and had them hammering about 80 or so yards. Hit a few soft yelps and he pitched down literally within 30 yards and I let the 870 eat. Fixing to go pack up and head for tennessee. May give Kentucky a whirl in the morning! Stay afterem fellas!
1000004368.jpg

Adding a Friday afternoon sunset in the land of Lincoln.
1000004330.jpg

Last edited:

Bgoodman30

Gotter done in Illinois this morning! Started yesterday but caught the tail end of storms passing through and they didn't make a sound all day. This morning got in super early and luckily I guessed right and had them hammering about 80 or so yards. Hit a few soft yelps and he pitched down literally within 30 yards and I let the 870 eat. Fixing to go pack up and head for tennessee. May give Kentucky a whirl in the morning! Stay afterem fellas!
View attachment 224637
Adding a Friday afternoon sunset in the land of Lincoln.View attachment 224713
Nice work. Congrats!

Bell3wv

I'm a little late posting this. I had to run down to Nashvegas to make sure the girl hadn't joined up with the Vandy Hamas Jehadis. Hunted for 8 days and either boogered up or was by a tree they didn't want to come to. Disregard the hole in his fan...he bobbed on me at 15 steps and the #9 Apex did a number on it. Good luck to all of you this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20240425_073412~2.jpg
    IMG_20240425_073412~2.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts