Hunting out West

skynimrod

great shots Fulldraw
I really like to hunt blowdowns my self (great spots)
the tent was a little to clean and organized though :grin:

PO Cedar

Fulldraw, I think Allen is looking for a pard for Colorado since he didn't draw for moose in Maine. But he came out of retirement and went back to work at Ford so you'll have to catch him on his cell phone---- ]
DSC00014-1.jpg

PO Cedar

Fulldraw, here is a 2005 pic of the blowdowns. The wind was howling at 50 mph that week and snapping the Spruce off at 5 feet up. Pretty hairy hunting.
DSC00011-1.jpg

Fulldraw™

PO,
Allen says he's going out for the whole month bow season this year... ain't retirement great! I think he and Topsy are going together this year. Allen just bought an enclosed trailer to store and haul his gear in for the trip. Wayne B. is still thinking the trip over.

Allen is always on me about going elk chasing together again...and I told him once he keeps his promise about going on another hunt some where else to chase anything, I'll partner up with him again. So far I can't get him to go to the Sunday afternoon dog fights :D

AS for Allen and his GPS, I've tried to teach the boy the finer concepts...but he is something of a dinosaur when it comes to modern trappings! :crazy:

PO Cedar

Maybe a caribou bowhunt on the Dalton Hwy.with him for 2008? His son-in-law is due to deploy pretty soon so if Allen wants to do it while the family is still in Alaska he'd better hurry. Good Luck!

PO Cedar

The Forest Service maintains several of these at strategic locations- heavily used public areas. But you have to furnish your own reading material.
DSC00019.jpg

PO Cedar

If the season is in and you have a small game license/habitat stamp, these grouse makes good archery practice and can be eaten. We called them "mountain chickens".----
Aug16-2618.jpg

PO Cedar

The public land is multiuse and much of the land is used for cattle or domestic sheep grazing. The livestock is rotated from top towards the bottom of the mountain as the weather deteriorates.The ranchers are in a "pool" and usually work the same areas so they can be a valuable source of info as far as where the game is-bears will seek out dead cattle carcasses and the ranchers know where they have lost their cattle. It is illegal to hunt over bait for bear in Colorado but this does not apply to carrion a bear has found.
Aug16-26111.jpg

Latest posts