hunting accident please pray

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
A buddy that's on the lease went hunting with his wife this evening and was trying to help her get her first deer when he was walking threw some thick cover with his gun on his shoulder when he tripped and gun came off shoulder and fell over him some how it went off and a 270 bullet went threw the top of his foot he was tore up but doing OK they flew his to UT do to the amount of blood he lost. So keep him in your prayers

volunteer1

Hope he'll be alright. Similar fate happened to me 4 years ago with my browning a-bolt 270. Strap came unscrewed from gun while climbing ladder stand. Gun fell to the ground and fired. This scared the hell out of me. Back stock broke in half and I was upset and fortunate to say the least. An old timer on straw plains fixed the rifle for at a reasonable price.

scn

volunteer1 said:
Hope he'll be alright. Similar fate happened to me 4 years ago with my browning a-bolt 270. Strap came unscrewed from gun while climbing ladder stand. Gun fell to the ground and fired. This scared the hell out of me. Back stock broke in half and I was upset and fortunate to say the least. An old timer on straw plains fixed the rifle for at a reasonable price.

Curious on why you would even think about climbing into a stand with a loaded gun? You must have missed that part of the HS class.

Chaneylake

scn said:
volunteer1 said:

Curious on why you would even think about climbing into a stand with a loaded gun? You must have missed that part of the HS class.

people and loaded guns still amaze me after 50 years

Latest posts