How many people put in for each WMA

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just saw this on the book of face.
Thought I would share for those interested.

Attachments

• numbers.jpg
    numbers.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 716

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Looks like Gooch Unit A didn't change that much.
I don't know the official numbers but that sounds about what has looked to be there every year I have been to the draw.

Tigrett seems awful high?
Never been there though.

Andy S.

Good stuff, I like looking at data like this. I do not have a dog in the fight as I rarely duck hunt, but I have been reading and keeping up with the TWRA duck draw this year. Very interesting. I would like to know normal applicant numbers (5 year average) like you eluded to. Good luck everyone with your draw.

waynesworld

Thanks for posting I thought I sent in for AEDC but when the results were in I looked all it said was I put in for ELK and duck blind. Anyone know if AEDC will have leftovers like they have in the past. I wanted to cam there this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilcoKen

These seem low to me. Slightly lower than the traditional draw (Old Hickory). Maybe a lot of guys shifted west. For the west side guys, how do these numbers compare to your traditional numbers?

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Tigerett is much higher in my opinion. A lot of people also put in as singles instead of with a group to increase the chances they drew it.

Levee Jumper

It's amazing that a few of those WMA's likely have more applicants than the number of ducks that will be killed there in a 60 day season....

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Levee Jumper":1z0e91q0 said:
It's amazing that a few of those WMA's likely have more applicants than the number of ducks that will be killed there in a 60 day season....

LOL yep!

GUNNERX2

Looked to me that Cheatham was about the same, maybe just a little higher. Old Hickory 1 seemed to be down some and Old Hickory 2 about the same. Can't speak on anything else.

WilcoKen

Levee Jumper":306lm7yv said:
X2

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Camden, Big Sandy, Gin Creek, and Harmons Creek have all been in the same draw in the past, adding those numbers together, it looks like up about 5-700 over last years.

Pic IN the Casa

GUNNERX2":140v3671 said:
Looked to me that Cheatham was about the same, maybe just a little higher. Old Hickory 1 seemed to be down some and Old Hickory 2 about the same. Can't speak on anything else.

Yep. Cheatham usually averages about 1050. Up a little.

TAFKAP

I couldn't believe Tigrett outnumbered Reelfoot.

And that number doesn't reflect the number of people in the draw who may have been included on one ticket.

Dodge Man

TN Whitetail Freak":1uur1l9z said:
I aint sure if these numbers are from a few years ago. Tigrett had over 3,000 or 3,500 last year I thought
I have gone every year since 1996, I think the record turn out for Tigrett was around 1500 several years ago. The past few years with dry seasons, Gooch having water or crops. Tigrett usually has 500-800 depending on the weather each year.

Latest posts