How Many Have You Killed?

RockMcL

Tried to figure it out a while back and just can't get there. First was either in 1969 or 1970 up in PA. Hunted PA, TX,GA before I settled here in TN.
Started slow here in TN but my family eat 5 to 7 a year now and most years I take over half of those.

Most memorable was while a US Army Soldier in South Korea I shot a Chinese Water Deer. The Village whose land I hunted in had a big party that night, they were probably more excited about me getting the deer than I was.

I think the whole village came and ate 1/2 that deer and a bunch of pheasants I also shot. Amazing cooking also.

DeerCamp

I've got all my printouts from the TWRA system with annual harvests (before they changed the system too) so that helps. The antlers from those early years definitely blend together so I actually printed out pictures of each and wrote everything I could remember about the hunt down.

I'd have to go add them up to be sure, but between Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas it's right about 100.

THEdonkey0515

When I first started really learning and getting into it, out on my own. I shot everything that wiggled (that was legal) I just went back and looked at my TWRA check in and laughed thinking about it 3 doe and a spike from 11/6 to 11/12 in 2010 and I was dang proud to lol

In 2012 I used 2 buck tags by 9/28 and the bucks combined had 6 points lol

From about 2014 on 1-3 deer a year with a
decent buck sprinkled in every now and then, and I was satisfied.

Last edited:

Bone Collector

Killed my first in 93. When I really got into it early 2000s I couldn't afford to process let alone store a bunch of deer so that curbed my killing. Later I learned to process but realized it's work, so that curbed my killing. I have killed between 75-85 deer to the best of my recollection.

Latest posts