How long have you been hunting?

Buzzard Breath

This year will make 30 years of hunting. I spent many more years walking alongside my dad while he hunted, but its 30 for me as a licensed hunter.

Damm, I'm getting old.

1,300 posts. Mostly lies, but I'd like to think 1 or 2 of them may have helped someone along the way.

JCDEERMAN

26 years ago was when my dad first took me deer hunting and he killed a doe during muzzleloader. I tracked the blood trail and found the deer. I have been hooked ever since. I am fixing to turn 30 years old in October, so yes I was 4 at the time. I started very young. "Deer" was my first word :D . When I graduated college was when my obsession really became obvious....that was 2007. I have learned more in the past 5 hunting seasons than I ever could have imagined. I'd like to think I'm just getting started

backroads

The first 21 years of my life I hunted constantly. Then the military and defense contracting jobs kept us moving every 3 years and me on the road constantly and it just become to hard to find the time. I started again a couple of years ago when I was working in Germany, but that was pretty expensive to pay for everything you shoot. Now we're finally settling down in TN and not being vagabonds anymore. Well, kind of. I still travel to DC every other week for my current job. But, at age 53 we've bought some land for the sole purpose of hunting and having a weekend place to get away. Best decision we've made in a long time.

So I got some catching up to do.

TNRazorback

5 years give or take. Lots of small game hunting when I was a kid. Lived in Arkansas Co, AR near White River Refuge until parents split when I was 10, then straight to Memphis. School > work > school > work > family - 28 year gap before I got into it as an adult in December 2011. The 4 deer I've killed in my life have all been on solo hunts the last 20 months. Handling guns, rigging poles, running a boat - learned it all as a country boy and never forgot. I'm surely blessed for that, would have been hard to "know what to do" and have any success otherwise.

DirtyBear0311

I started hunting deer about 4 years ago around the swamps of Camp Lejeune, NC. I had no idea what I was doing and only after joining this site and reading some books, have I begun to get an idea as to how this deer hunting thing is supposed to work. Now I'm trying to teach my wife how to hint and to get her her first deer.

Scioto

23 years - starting with tagging along, then hunting with Dad and family, followed by a 20 year period of distraction with post-secondary "education" and climbing the ladder until I finally started learning and got hunting again (mainly white tails) these past 13 years.

Started hunting in 1960.

I killed my first deer ever with a bow in 1981 at AEDC in Tullahoma.

I was INSTANTLY hooked.

I made my 216 deer bow kill last season.

Almost all were on Public land.

I have pics and kill tags and notes on every single kill.

I have video on MANY.

It is a way of life.

tank74

I am pretty sure this is going on my 25th year of hunting. As I was counting up the years I started reflecting on many good times and it really made me realize how fast time goes by. Enjoy each and every moment you can because it flies by way to fast!

Latest posts