How long have you been hunting?

woodsman87

17-18 years or so. Been hunting almost my whole life. Pretty much every game animal that exist around here. Except quail, because there really aren't any more, and ducks, just never got into it.

Hunter 257W

41 years - I can remember every detail of my first real kill - a double on groundhogs in one of our alfalfa fields with a 22LR. I was as shook up and proud as any deer since has ever made me.

MattR

I guess this one will be my 14th deer season if my math is correct. Only started taking it serious about 3 years ago. Started deer hunting when I was 11. I have missed 3 seasons since I started hunting, one because I was in boot camp, the next because I was in Iraq, and then another because I was at a training excercise.

In the last 3 years I have learned more about deer hunting then the other 11 years combined. After my military experiences, hunting became way more than a hobby for me. I am only 24 years old and once I turned 21 it started becoming an addiction. Now it seems like every year I want to learn more than the last season. And it seems like every season that goes by I become more addicted to deer hunting.

I have hunted small game since I was probably seven years old.

Poleaxe

25yrs this year. Started when I was 8. Some people think I probably need a support group for my addiction little do they know the addiction is actually my medicine.

Andy S.

I started squirrel and coon hunting at age 12 and deer and turkey hunting at age 16, but I'd have to say my "true hunting experience" would have started accumulating around the time I was 20. So, I've been hunting for 24 years, but only have about 16 years of true "learned" hunting experience that I can reflect on and benefit from. In other words, for the most part, I was just wondering aimlessly through the woods for the first 6-8 years trying to make heads or tails of it all, although I did manage to kill a few limits and fill a few tags. :)

Latest posts