How fast is your bow in the real world?

Jcalder

My old bow shoots 268. I have no desire to drop $1000 on a new bow tho I would love to have one. At this point if I got a new bow it would probably be a crossbow. I just ain't ready for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAirMan

I can't remember for sure. Haven't checked in years and only did out of curiosity. I think it was around 290.

TNReb

Mine chrono'd at 291 with my full hunting setup when I bought it. It was set at 65lbs. After I got a little more used to it, I set it to 70lbs. I never chrono'd it again, but using the random calculators that are available, the speed should be right around 300 now, give or take a couple FPS.

IBO speed is 335.

@fulldraw

When I got my bow two years ago it was 302. 28.5"/62lbs/365gr arrow. I shoot a slightly heavier arrow now but no desire to chrono it.

TNDeerGuy

docpoco":2m9hmn2a said:
Guys and Gals,

recently one of our users here gave me his old Parker Super magnum 35 bow that needed a lot of work. I had it restrung, new cables, custom arrows, etc.

Ive ended up with a pretty decent shooting bow that shoots real life hunting arrows at about 250 FPS (70/29). The IBO Speed on the bow was advertised as 312 back in 2004. It has re-ignited a passion for archery hunting that I definitely lost after I sold my old compound and got a crossbow.

Now that I'm back in the inner circle of archery enthusiasts, I'm wondering... how fast is your hunting bow?

IS it worth it for me to upgrade? There are certainly some things that this bow could do better.

Tndeer peeps.... Pour your advice out on me.

I wouldn't upgrade based on speed alone, on everything else I would upgrade in a minute—that bow is near 20 years old, I had one.

You could get a quality used bow in the $400-$500 range that is a couple of years old and will be much smoother drawing, better backwall, much more comfortable let-off, less feedback and noise during the shot cycle, a more forgiving brace height and you could shoot less poundage while achieving more speed.

tree_ghost

docpoco":31cpcn82 said:
I am impressed by the speed of this bow for its age.

Its significantly faster than the PSE I had before.
wait till you shoot one that's 50fps faster, holds better on target, doesn't vibrate at all, and is exponentially quieter than what you have now...it's gonna be hard not to cash out those miles [emoji3]

infoman jr.

docpoco":dvh6suoa said:
anyone else shooting anything in the 300's?

I'm wondering if 50 ft/sec is enough of a gain to be worth it to purchase a new bow.
You can purchase a 5-year old bow and gain that. You'll notice 50 fps. I think my Monster 7 (28.5/70) is shooting 295 with my hunting arrow.

Os2 Outdoors

I'm shooting 308fps with a heavy arrow. 487 grains.

Which makes a little over 100 pounds of kinetic energy. I like throwing axes at them [WINKING FACE]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

Os2 Outdoors":4xthonxc said:

Which makes a little over 100 pounds of kinetic energy. I like throwing axes at them [WINKING FACE]

Holy crap dude! What's your setup look like? I would kill to have an arrow that heavy moving that fast!!!! I have to use a 380 grain arrow to achieve +300fps

Os2 Outdoors

tree_ghost":6yof7fgy said:
Os2 Outdoors":6yof7fgy said:

Holy crap dude! What's your setup look like? I would kill to have an arrow that heavy moving that fast!!!! I have to use a 380 grain arrow to achieve +300fps

75lbs Mathews WAKE at 29" draw.

I was expecting 290ish but shot it through two different chronographs.

My buddy has one that's 80lb limbs at 30" draw. Now he's smoking. His bow shoots 2 sight tapes narrower than mine.

Edit he's shooting the same arrow setup as me to.

Tennessee Lead

I've got a Reflex Buckskin I need to deck out and get shooting. I love how it feels when I draw it and hold it. Have no idea go fast it will shoot.
I'm going to guess 250 range.

Headhunter

My PSE, 70 lbs draw, is shooting a 495 grain arrow setup at 295 fps. Not to shabby and is accrurate. If you look you can find a great deal on a bow, my PSE is couple year old model, but I purchased it off ebay brand new for $300.

RobbyW

9103a9b74e46f811ea0bf948efda37a7.jpg

I don't know how fast mine is, but I bet it's faster than these guy's

I am always amazed how many guys sell their 1 to 2 year old bow to get a little faster. Mine does the job well enough

PillsburyDoughboy

RobbyW":2d3ol854 said:
9103a9b74e46f811ea0bf948efda37a7.jpg

I don't know how fast mine is, but I bet it's faster than these guy's

I am always amazed how many guys sell their 1 to 2 year old bow to get a little faster. Mine does the job well enough

Yeah I know right ?

The most your probably going to gain by trading a bow every couple of years is a few FPS

I think u gain things like let off and smoothness and other refinements .

That's one thing I like about the Dickson Bow Shop they don't talk down your bow u bought 3 years like it's a dog trying to sell u a new one . They work hard keeping u stocked and maintained with what u got .

I went in a shop and the guy told me that bow is 3 years old the kinds are getting weak and loosing their zip.

While I feel sure he is right to a certain degree . It's still a killing machine .

Latest posts