How effective is Kel-tec 380 for defense?

cdw338

This is just my opinion. The 380 is better than nothing and
not much more than that. The 38 is about the samallest I would
carry.

big jim

I'd say you will be better served by the 9mm. But If I was carrying a 3AT, I would stoke it with RBCD ammo.

The keltec is a moderately priced carry gun and suitable for its intended purpose. The Kahr micros are an investment and trump the keltec in quality, fit and finish.

skynimrod

I bought one for the wife, and she shoots it real good
I would not want to get hit by one of the golden sabers I bought for it. Still pretty wicked at close range, and you can unload the clip pretty fast

Spike

It is a good get off of me or away from me gun. Side note dead folks don't sue you. One shot with a .380 may make it to court.

TAKE A CHANCE

I have a 3AT Keltec to strictly carry. I have a .45 and to actually carry that all the time is to bulky and I would never carry it. So I got a Keltec 3AT and carry it on my ankle and I love it because I always have it and its not at home because it didn't fit under my belt....JMO

DaveTN

It�s better than a straw and spitballs.....maybe.
biggrin.gif

Hogbear

A .380 in your pocket is way better than the .45 you left at home because it't too heavy. The P-3AT is so light and small that there's just no excuse not to carry it. It's lighter and smaller than my old Walther TPH .22. I've never had any problems with mine and I think 7 shots of good .380's like Golden Saber, Gold Dots, or Corbon DPX would be enough to discourage most bad actors.

Robo Duck

I am a fan of the 45 . Given the choice and knowing I am in harms way there is no other pistol caliber I would rather carry.

Even with a carry permit there are times you just can not carry a full size or even a so called compact weapon. This .380 can be carried anytime completely undetected.

Practice a close range . Practice on speed and go for head shots. One shot will not be enough.

The thing I don't like about the Kel-Tecs is the very long trigger pull.

Worm

2-Step Enabled
I am not a fan of 380's but they, like any weapon, will kill or stop an attack. Get one proven not to jam and quality ammo. I shot Gold Dot in the one I used to have and it did great.

Kimberman

I have a Kel Tec 32 that I carry alot in the summer. There is no excuse to leave it at home since its so easy to carry, so in my mind its a good gun to have. I would rather have it in .380 but I double dog dare anybody to take a clip full out of my 32. I have done some wet phonebook tests with the 32 and was not impressed with the penetration of the hollow points. I tried the 60 gr Gold Dot and the 65 gr Hydra Shock. The Gold Dots would not open reliably, the Hydra Shocks did ok on expansion, but would lodge in the second phone book. I now alternate hollow point/FMJ through the clip.

Latest posts